FIT Whole eggs vs egg whites

2000GT

Jan 21, 2001
Interesting findings. More importantly, which is more satiating, 3 whole eggs or 6 egg whites?

Here's a new study by Bagheri et al [1] comparing the 12-week effects of 3 whole eggs vs 6 egg whites taken post-exercise in resistance-trained subjects. Total BW gain in the whole egg & egg white group was 1.7 & 1.8 kg, respectively, indicating that a similar net caloric surplus was sustained in both groups.
-
Now for the interesting stuff... Lean mass gain was greater in the whole egg group (3.7 kg vs 2.9 kg), but not to a degree of statistical significance. Fat mass decreased in both groups (2.0 & 1.1 kg in the whole egg & egg white group, respectively), but this difference did not reach statistical significance. However, body fat *percentage* decrease was significantly greater in the whole egg group.
-

Whole eggs resulted in significantly greater gains in knee extension & handgrip strength. Whole eggs won in "dat-dere" department as well. Testosterone increased by 240 & 70 ng/dL in the whole egg & egg white group, respectively.
-
Body composition was assessed with multi-frequency BIA (Inbody 720). Although this device was found to overestimate lean mass and underestimate fat mass compared to DXA, it also has high reliability & low individual error [2]. This means that what it lacks in agreement with DXA, it compensates for by reliably tracking changes & differences between groups.
-
In previous research, Vliet et al [3] found that the post-exercise consumption of 3 whole eggs stimulated muscle protein synthesis to a significantly greater degree than 6 egg whites. Vliet et al's acute (short-term) response findings converge with the present study's chronic findings in support of the anabolic superiority of whole eggs vs egg whites.
-
REFERENCES
1) PMID: 33306586
2) PMID: 30472111
3) PMID: 28978542

cliffs - eat your yolks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dharma and Tupac

01ACRViper

Official OT LOTR Guru......... Spurs >*
Jul 12, 2001
Dallas
Will this convince you that using a little bit of oil to cook your food isn't going to kill you?

Reactions: 2000GT
TS
TS
2000GT

2000GT

Jan 21, 2001
Will this convince you that using a little bit of oil to cook your food isn't going to kill you?

No, the opposite. I don’t want to consume unnecessary fat from oil when I can get it in whole foods like whole eggs and avocados.

Reactions: 01ACRViper

01ACRViper

Official OT LOTR Guru......... Spurs >*
Jul 12, 2001
Dallas
No, the opposite. I don’t want to consume unnecessary fat from oil when I can get it in whole foods like whole eggs and avocados.

You can cook with avacado oil, ya know? :rofl:

What went wrong in your life where you stress out about cooking dinner with a teaspoon of oil?

• Haha
Reactions: smithers and Nikuk
TS
TS
2000GT

2000GT

Jan 21, 2001
You can cook with avacado oil, ya know? :rofl:

What went wrong in your life where you stress out about cooking dinner with a teaspoon of oil?

Easy hoss, nobody is stressed. I pull out the grapeseed oil if I really need to lube up the le creuset.

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Egg yolk bad is 90s propaganda
I eat two eggs almost every morning with coconut oil. I had my cholesterol levels checked and they came back near perfect. I remember the guy at the time giving my results being like wtf do you eat? I've never seen numbers this good.

TimzSI

#KeepFightingMichael
Oct 3, 2001
Zenadu
ugh I dunno if I can go back to whole egg. Just prefer the lightness of six egg whites at this point. Maybe I’ll go 5:1.

popnfresh

Cuddle Bitch
Nov 4, 2001
1/4 life crisis
Love me some egg yolks but yeah lemme hop on that research from Iran and shit tier us schools

yeah I’m talking about you ass to mouth university

Deleted member 9731

I eat two eggs almost every morning with coconut oil. I had my cholesterol levels checked and they came back near perfect. I remember the guy at the time giving my results being like wtf do you eat? I've never seen numbers this good.
Pretty sure coconut oil isn't very good for you

Reactions: Ceaze

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman