Why are the majority of healthcare prof. students nearly intolerable to be around?

brolli

Caffeine Pussy
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2005
DEPTFORD, NJ
IB hate from people in these careers.

Serious question:

Students in the following categories and similar ones: Pharmacy, Med, Dental, etc - I noticed that at least 60% or more of them can not hold a conversation about anything other than school/academics/their job.

• Haha
Reactions: Firewall97
TS
TS
brolli

brolli

Caffeine Pussy
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2005
DEPTFORD, NJ
Seems like either you’re insecure about your career or you’re misinterpreting your own lack of social awareness :(

I'm a pharmacist, my experience is from being classmates with these people as well as being next to med/dental/podiatry/pt schools and students.

SoonDubu

OT Supporter
May 22, 2003
donde esta?
Because while in professional school, it's all consuming.
It's what they live and breathe mostly. They're not making money and are bitter because their friends are out doing grown up things like buying cars and condos and spending on shit. They know it's delayed gratification but also fear that the crushing debt and questionable job market will make them slaves to the system.

TS
TS
brolli

brolli

Caffeine Pussy
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2005
DEPTFORD, NJ
Maybe because the bloody studies are so all consuming that for at least the moment that's just about all they have on their minds.

Eh, they take a good amount of time but the vibes I'm getting are that of people in their late 20s who have no hobbies/interests/personality whatsoever.

TS
TS
brolli

brolli

Caffeine Pussy
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2005
DEPTFORD, NJ
Because while in professional school, it's all consuming.
It's what they live and breathe mostly. They're not making money and are bitter because their friends are out doing grown up things like buying cars and condos and spending on shit. They know it's delayed gratification but also fear that the crushing debt and questionable job market will make them slaves to the system.

k

xenu

OT Supporter
Apr 5, 2006
I'm a pharmacist, my experience is from being classmates with these people as well as being next to med/dental/podiatry/pt schools and students.

Oh lol ok fair, you actually do have a perspective. I think I got lucky and found classmates that were well balanced. I think age plays a bit of a factor tbh. The institution I did residency at had an older student population, and interacting with those med/dental students was a bit more painful in what you described.

TimzSI

#KeepFightingMichael
Oct 3, 2001
Zenadu
It takes a lot of brain power to do most of those things well so it’s probably on their mind a lot.

Nurses have the dirtiest minds tho

Reactions: HUGE

novo

how's your dad?
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
Low Haight
I'm working in med research and everyone is either a type a workaholic md or a pre-med student who has no life outside of school.

Reactions: Firewall97

Thumpin'Ram

I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f
Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox
sex_can_wait.jpeg

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
Eh, they take a good amount of time but the vibes I'm getting are that of people in their late 20s who have no hobbies/interests/personality whatsoever.
in breaking news, people in the medical field who know that you're in the medical field will talk to you about...........the medical field.

Put a bunch of cops/lawyers/engineers/programmers together, and what do you think they chat about?

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
I drank 2 cups of coffee a while ago and went through a panic attack and went to the ER thinking it was a heart attack. Then afterwards, I stopped drinking coffee because I am a caffeine pussy I guess.
Wow. Yeah. I'd have to say so my dude. I drink 3-4 cups a say. Little less now that I've been doing cold brew and can make stronger cups.

Just picked this up too. PXL_20201012_202553084.MP.jpg

< DEV >

Red Rocket
May 21, 2001
I can't deal with Indian/Paki doctors. They have horrible god complexes and don't listen to patients.

My insurance sent to me to see a never ending string of them when I was recently looking for a new primary care doc....

• Haha
Reactions: Firewall97 and Pogi

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448