Why can't Dirty post anymore? *perma*

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
People were getting mad at folks for prefacing their comments with, "well we didn't get along in POL but outside of that we were cool" which I think is kind of unreasonable, but understandable since people take personal ownership of friendship bonds. Members are going to comment based on their interactions with someone. Bugalu spent a lot of time in that content. That's pretty much it. Pointing out disagreement to then follow up with positive memories is two things, it's them feeling bad for getting into dumb arguments on the internet and also just relating what they knew about the guy. It's not weird to discuss the stuff you talked about with him.

Then there's Dirty and that's...yeah.
I at least knew better and kept my feelings to myself in there :o

Joe Pesci’s Shinebox

Go get your fuckin' shinebox
OT Supporter
Nov 30, 2004
The Great White North
Because the asshole posted this in the "RIP Bugalu" death thread.

JjHQXAu.jpg

WTF when did Bugalu die?

DizzyEdge

Vax me Trudaddy
OT Supporter
Dec 16, 2007
Calgary, AB
People were getting mad at folks for prefacing their comments with, "well we didn't get along in POL but outside of that we were cool" which I think is kind of unreasonable, but understandable since people take personal ownership of friendship bonds. Members are going to comment based on their interactions with someone. Bugalu spent a lot of time in that content. That's pretty much it. Pointing out disagreement to then follow up with positive memories is two things, it's them feeling bad for getting into dumb arguments on the internet and also just relating what they knew about the guy. It's not weird to discuss the stuff you talked about with him.

Yeah I get (and am also annoyed by) the whole "well I was never a fan but..." type comments prefacing saying something nice, but in this case many only knew of him from pol content.

also

1659730316664.png

gotta start somewhere.

canning

Super Moderator
Oct 31, 2001
I think a lot of people are blowing past it because they're used to seeing the Ukraine SRS sticky at the top of the page. I know I didn't catch it right away and found out from another thread.
That's why I don't like stickies that are up for weeks/months. They lose their effectiveness and people gloss over them and the other stuck threads.

The Ukraine thread should have been taken down months ago.

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest

@Remy Bressant getting bodied

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529