Why can't Dirty post anymore? *perma*

Publius

Professor of Triggerednometry
Jan 16, 2004
Big D by the Trinity
People were getting mad at folks for prefacing their comments with, "well we didn't get along in POL but outside of that we were cool" which I think is kind of unreasonable, but understandable since people take personal ownership of friendship bonds. Members are going to comment based on their interactions with someone. Bugalu spent a lot of time in that content. That's pretty much it. Pointing out disagreement to then follow up with positive memories is two things, it's them feeling bad for getting into dumb arguments on the internet and also just relating what they knew about the guy. It's not weird to discuss the stuff you talked about with him.

Then there's Dirty and that's...yeah.
Yep. I made my post and stand by it, but as soon as I saw that my experience with him as a poster was clearly not the experience of many other OTers I edited it to make clear that I wasn't trying to say anyone who liked him was a piece of shit or anything. It was just my personal experience with him.

But Remy has rocks for brains so he can't accept that apparently.

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Yep. I made my post and stand by it, but as soon as I saw that my experience with him as a poster was clearly not the experience of many other OTers I edited it to make clear that I wasn't trying to say anyone who liked him was a piece of shit or anything. It was just my personal experience with him.

But Remy has rocks for brains so he can't accept that apparently.
I think most of the people who commented did not intend to be disrespectful

RickylSmalls

how I love to waste your time
OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
Ohio
Last edited:

Publius

Professor of Triggerednometry
Jan 16, 2004
Big D by the Trinity

dave12219

Nobody cool likes Tucker Carlson
Feb 22, 2005
That was a contributing factor on why it went from 6 months to a perma.

Wayne's World's Best Quotes That You Probably Say All the Time

FutureMan

On the rights of your wealth, I disagree
OT Supporter
People were getting mad at folks for prefacing their comments with, "well we didn't get along in POL but outside of that we were cool" which I think is kind of unreasonable, but understandable since people take personal ownership of friendship bonds. Members are going to comment based on their interactions with someone. Bugalu spent a lot of time in that content. That's pretty much it. Pointing out disagreement to then follow up with positive memories is two things, it's them feeling bad for getting into dumb arguments on the internet and also just relating what they knew about the guy. It's not weird to discuss the stuff you talked about with him.

Then there's Dirty and that's...yeah.
I didn’t get mad about it, but I do find it extremely cringey and unnecessary.

RickylSmalls

how I love to waste your time
OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
Ohio
I bumped heads with him often in and out of political thread but someone from this small forum in the corner of the internet that a few of us for whatever reason still post on died, gotta read the room and have some humility.
Yes what he said was shitty, and if he cared about being here he should have read the room and had some humility.

It would take me a few minutes to find rest in piss or some other post celebrating the death of someone with different views in the political forum, so it shouldn't be all that surprising that someone reacted that way as shitty as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971