Super Moderator
May 1, 2002
St Pete, FL

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
Yep. I made my post and stand by it, but as soon as I saw that my experience with him as a poster was clearly not the experience of many other OTers I edited it to make clear that I wasn't trying to say anyone who liked him was a piece of shit or anything. It was just my personal experience with him.

But Remy has rocks for brains so he can't accept that apparently.
i dont agree with 99% of what he said in the pol threads, and alot of his views in those threads are dangerous and i cant look past that

doesnt mean im pleased/unempathetic to his passing

im autistic af and know it wasnt the place

also know that ppl that are hurting lash out, so dunno what was true and what was for effect

same when oceanblake died, he was vicious af to alot of the members, but RIP

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
i dont agree with 99% of what he said in the pol threads, and alot of his views in those threads are dangerous and i cant look past that

doesnt mean im pleased/unempathetic to his passing

im autistic af and know it wasnt the place

also know that ppl that are hurting lash out, so dunno what was true and what was for effect

same when oceanblake died, he was vicious af to alot of the members, but RIP
The more I think about this, the more I realize it's just a selfish way of self preservation.

Something terrible happened to someone here, and you ask yourself, "fuck, was I shitty to him? Was I the dick?" And you go through it all in your mind trying to justify any behavior you might have had in your day to day interactions. It forces you to have to reexamine how you conduct yourself on a daily basis. So it's easier to just say, "well I didn't agree with him, BUT" and that way it shifts the blame back on him to clear your conscience about any behavior you exhibited in the past.

I still think anything I said was valid, as it pertains to me and my experience and feelings. So in that way, I don't regret what I said in the other thread.

But thing is...it's not about me. What I felt doesn't really matter. It's about this guy named Chris who a bunch of people respected and called a friend, who is now gone from this earth.

So I apologize for saying anything out of line. And I'm sorry you guys lost your friend.

///TRASH

🤙 Chill Vibes Only 🤙
Jan 20, 2001
San Diego, California
The more I think about this, the more I realize it's just a selfish way of self preservation.

Something terrible happened to someone here, and you ask yourself, "fuck, was I shitty to him? Was I the dick?" And you go through it all in your mind trying to justify any behavior you might have had in your day to day interactions. It forces you to have to reexamine how you conduct yourself on a daily basis. So it's easier to just say, "well I didn't agree with him, BUT" and that way it shifts the blame back on him to clear your conscience about any behavior you exhibited in the past.

I still think anything I said was valid, as it pertains to me and my experience and feelings. So in that way, I don't regret what I said in the other thread.

But thing is...it's not about me. What I felt doesn't really matter. It's about this guy named Chris who a bunch of people respected and called a friend, who is now gone from this earth.

So I apologize for saying anything out of line. And I'm sorry you guys lost your friend.
To me, it’s tacky because it’s interpreted as either

1. Showing sympathy but making it clear to others you don’t adopt his views by feeling sad about his passing; or
2. Saying despite how much you disagree w him you still wouldn’t want him dead.

Both have no place in a thread where others who know him are grieving imo. I got the #2 vibe from a lot of those posts and that’s such a weird fucken position to have. You’re (not you you) not a hero because you managed the courage to not wish death on someone you disagree with.

RickylSmalls

how I love to waste your time
OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
Ohio

1. Showing sympathy but making it clear to others you don’t adopt his views by feeling sad about his passing; or

Both have no place in a thread where others who know him are grieving imo. I got the #2 vibe from a lot of those posts and that’s such a weird fucken position to have. You’re (not you you) not a hero because you managed the courage to not wish death on someone you disagree with.
I agree with this.

Reactions: Hisma and ///TRASH

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California

You want another apology?

• Support
Reactions: ///TRASH

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN

love the introspection here, love you brother

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN

also agree with all of this as well

Remy Bressant

40 big girls and a bottle
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
People were getting mad at folks for prefacing their comments with, "well we didn't get along in POL but outside of that we were cool" which I think is kind of unreasonable, but understandable since people take personal ownership of friendship bonds. Members are going to comment based on their interactions with someone. Bugalu spent a lot of time in that content. That's pretty much it. Pointing out disagreement to then follow up with positive memories is two things, it's them feeling bad for getting into dumb arguments on the internet and also just relating what they knew about the guy. It's not weird to discuss the stuff you talked about with him.

Then there's Dirty and that's...yeah.
No reason to comment in that thread if it’s negative. You don’t have to post in every thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds