Why can't Dirty post anymore? *perma*

Twinsen

Resident Negro
OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN

Okay, I'm browsing on my 48" LG C1, how the FUCK does this "gif" take up over half my screen space? :rofl:

bigjeff.png

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
To me, it’s tacky because it’s interpreted as either

1. Showing sympathy but making it clear to others you don’t adopt his views by feeling sad about his passing; or
2. Saying despite how much you disagree w him you still wouldn’t want him dead.

Both have no place in a thread where others who know him are grieving imo. I got the #2 vibe from a lot of those posts and that’s such a weird fucken position to have. You’re (not you you) not a hero because you managed the courage to not wish death on someone you disagree with.
I saw #3

I (universal) disagreed with him politically and we sparred, but I still mourn his loss and hurt because he was an important part of my life. It's not about feeling like a hero, it's the sadness of the loss. IMO feeling pain over someone you disagreed with is valid and shows depth.

That's just how saw it.

It's easy to feel loss or be friends with someone who aligns with your values perfectly. To look beyond those differences and see the person isn't as easy, but rewarding at times.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971