Why did "The Matrix" have to reboot 6 times?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Marx, May 19, 2003.

1. Marx

Marx Guest

is it because because 1% of the coppertops reject the matrix (programmed 1999 lifestyle) and thus must be allowed to be freed into the real world (zion)? and in order to control the population of zion, an anamoly is created every 100 years that will pacify the growing population outside of the matrix until such time as this anamoly can perform his function within the program and reboot the system (thus creating the turnover at zion)?

inquiring minds want to know.

[​IMG]

2. BiggDoggUNC

BiggDoggUNC Show me a good loser... and I'll show you a loser.

3. vudoodoodoo

vudoodoodoo Guest

Windows ME. :o

4. Section8

Section8 .

Windows *

5. SaintGRW

SaintGRW OT Supporter

6. nateg

nateg New Member

I saw the movie twice just to understand this. My roomate and I believe that the architect rebooted the Matrix 5 previous times (remember this anamoly is the sixth) only because he tried to perfect it 5 previous times and 5 previous times he failed. This time it's almost perfect, so he's going to reboot again, hence the destruction of Zion. The timeline may be later than expected. Instead of 2199 during the first matrix movie it may of been 2699.

On a side note: Does anyone here think that after smith and neo fight the big fight, will they team up? It seems to make sense since Smith is free and the agents are after him now.

Nate

7. kaldurak

kaldurak Gimme some sugar baby.

wrong. because the Architecht said this is the 6th time he's drilling to zion. why else would he be drilling there a 6th time unles Zion as Morpheus and neo and trinity know it is simply a Matrix within the Matrix :wiggle:

8. Section8

Section8 .

This thought actually crossed my mind when he made the sentinels stop in their tracks, as if he were in the Matrix.

9. kaldurak

that was a small hint for me, too. but that might also just be part of some Christ figure plot or more "the one' story line - so i'm going to leave that point aside and stick to architecht comments :)

10. BiggDoggUNC

BiggDoggUNC Show me a good loser... and I'll show you a loser.

The matrix runs off of an Emachine....

11. CrosseyeLion

CrosseyeLion delight in our youth...

I think they should've had the architect look more like Bill Gates, then the movie would make perfect sense to anyone.

12. pimphat

pimphat hmmm

Personally I think it was because they needed to destroy the "free" people in Zion before they could win the war.

Or possibly humans created the matrix as a method of developing a perfect AI (neo) and the previous 5 tries haven't performed adequately.

13. nateg

nateg New Member

But the architect said that neo is different from the other "ones". Ever thought that Neo is powerful enough to bring his abilities into the real world?

14. kcarlson78

kcarlson78 Meanwhile, Jesus continued to shake his head in ex

so you're saying that the "people" both in and out of the matrix aren't really people? they're AI?

15. kaldurak

:squint: the point was to make him look like the guy behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz

16. kaldurak

The 3rd movie is going to end with a kid sitting at a computer coding a new version of "The Sims"

17. nateg

nateg New Member

I'm going to stick with my opinion, thanks.

18. kaldurak

look up - been discussed by me already and "answered"

19. pimphat

pimphat hmmm

Well some people may say that its all just an environment to develop a supreme form of AI. If it turn out like that I'd feel raped ;/

I think that Zion is another matrix keeping those who couldn't take the first matrix have some sense of freedom. Neo just seems to have become aware of this fact.

Guess we'll have to wait a few months to find out...

20. kcarlson78

kcarlson78 Meanwhile, Jesus continued to shake his head in ex

if there are people who couldn't take to the programing of the 1999 matrix, wouldn't it make sense that some people couldn't accept the 2599(or whatever) matrix programming.. where are those people?

21. kaldurak

They just get killed for the sake of not having to explain it.

22. Pro Street

Pro Street New Member

killed by sentinels? :dunno:

23. NolanTA

NolanTA You talkin' to me? OT Supporter

: Hello Neo

Neo: Who are you?

Architect: I am the Architect. I created the Matrix. I have been waiting for you. You have many questions and although the process has altered your consciousness you remain irrevocably human, ergo some of my answers you will understand and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question maybe the most pertinent you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant.

Neo: Why am I here?

Architect: Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent in the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden deciduously avoided it is not unexpected and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you inexcerably here.

Neo: You haven’t answered my question.

Architect: Quite right. Interesting, that was quicker then the others.

Neo: Others? (What others? How many? Answer me)

Architect: The Matrix is older then you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next. In which case this is the sixth version.

Neo: Then there are only two possible explanations, either no one told me, or no one knows.

Architect: Precisely, as you are undoubtedly gathering the anomaly is systemic. Creating fluctuations in even the most simplistic equations.

Neo: Choice, the problem is choice.

Architect: The first matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect; it was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being. Thus, I redesigned it, Based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However I was again frustrated my failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus the answer was stumbled upon by another, and intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche. If I am the father of the matrix, she would undoubtedly be its mother.

Neo: The Oracle

Architect: Please, as I was saying she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99 percent of all test subjects accepted the program as long as they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice at an unconscious level. While this answered function it was obviously fundamentally flawed thus creating the otherwise contradictory systemic anomaly. That if left unchecked might threaten the system itself, ergo those that refuse the program while the minority if unchecked would cause an escalating probability of disaster.

Neo: This is about Zion

Architect: You are here because Zion is about to be destroyed. Its every living inhabitant terminated, its entire existence eradicated.

Neo: Bull****

Architect: Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it. And we have become exceedingly efficient at it. The function of the One is now to return to the source allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry reinserting the prime program after which you will be required to select from the matrix 23 individuals, 16 female 7 male, to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone connected to the matrix. Which, coupled with the extermination of Zion will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race.

Neo: You won’t let it happen, you can’t. You need human beings to survive.

Architect: There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept. However the relevant issue is whether you are ready to accept the responsibility for the death of every human being in this world. It is interesting reading your reactions. Your 5 predecessors were by design based on a similar predication a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species facilitating the function of the One. While the others experienced this in a very general way your experience is far more specific, Vis a vie love.

Neo: Trinity

Architect: Apropo, she entered the matrix to save your life at the cost of her own.

Neo: No

Architect: Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed and the anomaly revealed as both beginning and end. There are two doors, the door to your right leads to the source and the salvation of Zion, the door to your left leads back to the matrix to her and to the end of your species. As you adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know we you are going to do don’t we? Already I can see the chain reaction the chemical precursors that signal the onset of an emotion designed specifically to overwhelm logic and reason. An emotion that is already blinding you from the simple and obvious truth, she is going to die and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness.

Neo: If I were you, I would hope that we don’t meet again.

Architect: We won’t

24. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

25. INFERNO2K

INFERNO2K Made in China

Everything is fine except I dont want the end of revolutions to back out into some kids living room with an IPod sitting on it.