why do money transfers take days ?

Mazy D.

Ukrainian OG
Oct 10, 2000
Canada
It's not like someone has to count the cash, put it on the truck and drive it to another location. It's just numbers, isn't there an algorithm that checks if your account has money and then sends the information to another account through a shared database? Shouldn't this be almost instant?
I sold the RV and the buyer sent me payment through Paypal, it's been 4 days already, still says pending. what the fuck is happening behind the scenes, I don't get it

TS
TS
Mazy D.

Mazy D.

Ukrainian OG
Oct 10, 2000
Canada
PRAISE BITCOIN
that's another thing, cryptocurrencies rely on technology that has the capability for very fast transfers. Why aren't banks and currency transfer services like Paypal adopt those technologies, they've been around for a decade almost

• Haha
Reactions: Wolf

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
that's another thing, cryptocurrencies rely on technology that has the capability for very fast transfers. Why aren't banks and currency transfer services like Paypal adopt those technologies, they've been around for a decade almost
Uhh Bitcoin blockchain is slow as fuck in terms of technology.

Your money transfer doesnt take days to transfer from bank to bank...it take days to make sure its not fraudulent money, or money from illegal activities.

Reactions: canning

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
giphy.gif

TS
TS
Mazy D.

Mazy D.

Ukrainian OG
Oct 10, 2000
Canada
Its purposely take days to avoid fraud.
how can fraud happen though? You check if the dude has enough money in his account and then if he does, send money, if not, don't send money. Unless he works for the bank and can manually edit the information...

TS
TS
Mazy D.

Mazy D.

Ukrainian OG
Oct 10, 2000
Canada

Your money transfer doesnt take days to transfer from bank to bank...it take days to make sure its not fraudulent money, or money from illegal activities.
Does someone sit at the computer and analyze every transfer?

Reactions: infinite97

SurlyDuff

RUIN EVERYTHING
Jan 31, 2007
Since we're airing grievances in here:

Why can I only withdraw $3000 at an ATM at 3am?

Because brother, let me tell you, if I'm withdrawing $3K at 3am we're going to need a LOT more because this party is just getting started.

• Haha
Reactions: Mazy D. and Wolf
TS
TS
Mazy D.

Mazy D.

Ukrainian OG
Oct 10, 2000
Canada
Since we're airing grievances in here:

Why can I only withdraw $3000 at an ATM at 3am?

Because brother, let me tell you, if I'm withdrawing $3K at 3am we're going to need a LOT more because this party is just getting started.
Yes, i am complaining, but i am also genuinely curious as to what the fuck is happening, this is 2020, why are we still operating like it's 1980s

Scold

Nov 24, 2007
SJ,CA

What is happening in the background during those days that is ensuring that the money being transferred is legit and not fraudulent or from illegal sources?

Reactions: Mazy D.
TS
TS
Mazy D.

Mazy D.

Ukrainian OG
Oct 10, 2000
Canada
What is happening in the background during those days that is ensuring that the money being transferred is legit and not fraudulent or from illegal sources?
Probably some useless intern that makes 12 bucks an hour, goes through each transfer and presses "approved" button while taking coffee and smoking breaks every 15 minutes

Reactions: Sp33dealer

Scold

Nov 24, 2007
SJ,CA
Probably some useless intern that makes 12 bucks an hour, goes through each transfer and presses "approved" button while taking coffee and smoking breaks every 15 minutes
While I wish that were the case, I would wager that the money is just sitting there waiting for an outside person or agent to make a claim against it.

Reactions: Mazy D.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman