TECH Why does my laptop do this? PIC

jmezz

layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours
Nov 26, 2004
This annoys the shit out of me.

If I hit the back of the LCD it will stop sometimes, but how do I fix it for good?

P1011795_Medium_1.jpg

trouphaz

Sep 22, 2003
sounds like a hardware problem. maybe a short or a loose connection or something.

TS
TS
jmezz

jmezz

layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours
Nov 26, 2004
The warranty is up and so really I'd be looking at fixing it myself, I just don't know what to look for?

Doomsday

XXX
Mar 14, 2000
Minnesota
are you confident enough to fix it?
find and download a service manual, open the laptop, and check for any loose connections

sorryforya

Apr 22, 2008
You might end up doing more damage than good by trying to fix it yourself. Personally, I would just go take it into a shop and ask them for their opinion. Might be cheap, or might just be better to replace the laptop/monitor.

gui3

all the dude ever wanted was his rug back
May 6, 2000
for most laptops, it's not difficult to at least get access to the part where the monitor cable attaches to the motherboard.

if you can't find a service manual, you can probably just remove all the screws from the bottom of the case and carefully take the thing apart. if everything is connected properly, it's probably a hardware issue.

Bobalu

Oct 23, 2007
the nati
I had a short in the screen like that..i just kept getting worse so i called around and it wasn't worth fixing..2.5 year old hp cost like 2 hundred and something cause they were just going to replace the sreen, I only paid 6 hundred

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
The warranty is up and so really I'd be looking at fixing it myself, I just don't know what to look for?

shot in the dark, but....

is it an HP?

they have a recall on some of their laptop models.

my sister bought a laptop in 2006, 1 year warranty expired in 2007, but i called in last week and they said it was one of the laptops that had a recall on some hardware, so the warranty was extended.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor