Why don't sinks with vertical hot/cold adjustment have a standard side for hot vs cold?

Junkie

re-tarded
OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2006
Santa Clara, CA
I'm staying at my aunt's taking care of her since her cancer is recurring and she's about to have a partial knee replacement too, and meds have her immunocompromised, so she needs help who can manage to stay here 24/7 for a bit. Neither of her kids can 100% WFH and that dramatically increases exposure, so she asked if I would and I agreed to.

In the primary bathroom, next to the handle it's labelled cold at the top, hot at the bottom.

In the kitchen sink it isn't labelled, but it works the other way: move the handle to the top and you get hot, move it to the bottom and you get cold.

I looked under the kitchen sink and everything is hooked up properly (hot to hot, cold to cold).

Why isn't there a standard :confused: shit makes no cents

FDT

no custer shit
OT Supporter
Jan 3, 2006
PNW
I feel like this is something @whatever may have some insight into

or manufacturers just don't give a fuck

chickenfcker

OT Supporter
Apr 22, 2005
Installed a chinesium faucet from amazon and the H/C lines were wrong. They had me pry off the red/blue markings on the faucet handle and flip it lol

The Great Deceiver

21st Century Schizoid Man
May 27, 2006
The standard is forward cold, backward hot. Which is same as regular faucets being right-cold left-hot in the plumbing code, for right-hand-side adjusters at least

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448