Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.9%

• Total voters

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Curious why y'all illiterate sons of a bitch don't read a book to step up yo vocab.

Also share what you're currently reading as I'm looking for more books to read. I recently bought Algorithms to Live By and Thinking, Fast and Slow and they're both great reads.

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
jcHOaDW.gif

Did you vote "Other" before posting this? :squint:

• Wow
Reactions: brah pitt

12xalt

Menopause SUCKS
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
Hazel Dell, WA (Portland, OR)
I read a lot of sci-fi and fantasy, I see no reason to bring reality into my relaxation time.

Listening to The Sol Majestic
Reading book 4 in the Monster Hunter International series

Reactions: joxxer

staffer21

Who? What? I don't....
Oct 29, 2001
Recently I’ve enjoyed Brandon Sanderson books. I’ve been fairly bored with a lot of other books and have a hard time making it beyond the 50% mark.

I have a lot of audible credits too. I’ve used that to “read” several longer books where I listen and read them at the same time.

Jinx

forever sugarplum
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
Top 5

Im gonna need more volume to adjust my algorithm
gonna count series as books because it's easier, also not in order :o

the accursed kings series by maurice druon, when christ and his saints slept by sharon kay penman, geisha, a life by mineko iwasaki, the glass castle by jeanette walls, here by dragons by sharon kay penman? pretty much anything by SKP is going to get devoured. :o

i dunno, i kind of grabbed at random from stuff i've read and reread a million times :o i should just start at the top of one of those "100 must read" lists and go down

halflife78

WTF MATE??
Aug 11, 2004
Atlanta Area
I find it hard to stay interested in a lot of modern fiction because a lot of it is poorly written and current events are way more interesting so I find myself reading a lot of timeless classics and nonfiction/history instead

I read alot of modern fiction because I can't stand current events and it's poorly written and gives me a chance to relax lol.

Jinx

forever sugarplum
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
i hated reading the "classics" when i was in school. i enjoy historical fiction, especially if it's close enough that i can read more about the characters and see how they relate to history outside of the novel :o

• Love
Reactions: Grape_Ape

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman