Why hasn't a tech company disrupted the pharmacy industry - 4 hour wait time for RX

zizi

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2005
Why do pharmacies take so long to fill a prescription that's already pre-packaged? I can understand the days when they had to actually crush, make and mix pills in the back but these are pre-packaged prescriptions.

Reactions: hypntyz

Ava G.

OT Supporter
Apr 9, 2021
CO
Last weekend the pharmacy was closed bc one of the pharmacists had a baby. My meds were sitting somewhere behind metal sheet.

I didn't feel too bad a whiplash since I'd been on them for two years, but my T undoubtedly spiked.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
They have to call and confirm with doctors sometimes. idk what else
These days at retail pharmacies they're giving vaccines in addition to the pharmacy duties. They have to manually verify other medications, look up your medication history, check with state controlled substance databases, possible drug interactions, deal with insurance bullshit, reams of paperwork.

HoodRich

Professional Street Nigga
OT Supporter
Feb 2, 2004
The City
People have no idea that pharmacists actually do a good bit more than count pills.
if i've learned anything over the last couple dozen years i've known some pharmacists like 10% of their time is spent counting pills. The other 90% is usually spent sucking random tinder dick. Pharmacists are up there with nurses and teachers on the hoetrain

Actvs Dei

IG gunslingersaloon
OT Supporter
Apr 6, 2002
Austin
if i've learned anything over the last couple dozen years i've known some pharmacists like 10% of their time is spent counting pills. The other 90% is usually spent sucking random tinder dick. Pharmacists are up there with nurses and teachers on the hoetrain

being crazy hungover all the time doesn't really mess with super basic counting skills

monolith

Hey, Herbie! How's life? Taking forever.
OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Southern California
How long have you been a pharmacist?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448