CAR Why is there so much hate for the 350Z?

Variant

Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
Jan 15, 2004
Virginia
I've seen comments on OT like "it's not a real Z" or "it's the biggest failure of all the Z cars".

Why do people hate this car so much? What is it about the earlier Z cars that makes the latest one such a disappointment in comparison?

TS
TS
Variant

Variant

Jan 15, 2004
Virginia
I think I just figured it out.

Jeremy Clarkson doesn't like them.

And we all know OT rides Clarkson's nuts religiously.

Mystery SOLVED. :eek3:

dokebi

Commentator
Mar 28, 2005
NY
Everyone loves to jump on the bandwagon that hates on things that are common. I see more 350z and its infiniti siblings than civics around here.

Willey2cool

May 24, 2006
Edmonds, WA
the car is hardly if at all faster than the 300ZX TT from 10 years ago, the interior is very cheap and people who drive them think theyre gods and generally act like dicks on the road

xivera

Jul 2, 2001
Chicago
I don't hate the interior but, I don't like it.
It isn't that bad of a car, it just needs to lose a few hundred pounds. Hopefully the 370Z will remedy that.
Nissan will... shorter wheelbase and better interior, too.

MR. Marti

Mar 19, 2004
Central Florida
it wasn't designed to be a "fast car". It was supposed to be a fun, quick, nibble coupe. It is perfect in that class. I would have loved to have seen it with like 25hp more or something from the factory.

xivera

Jul 2, 2001
Chicago
Yeah, I know, I've heard all the speculation. But you never know what can happen, so let's wait for the official numbers.

And yeah, the interior is much better than the previous Z :bigthumb:
Next month is almost here...

it wasn't designed to be a "fast car". It was supposed to be a fun, quick, nibble coupe. It is perfect in that class. I would have loved to have seen it with like 25hp more or something from the factory.
How about lighter?

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
Personally, I don't like the new Zs because I feel that they stray to far from the roots of the car.

Plus, compared to the old Zs (well, the S30 and Z32) they look like ass.

TS
TS
Variant

Variant

Jan 15, 2004
Virginia
the car is hardly if at all faster than the 300ZX TT from 10 years ago, the interior is very cheap and people who drive them think theyre gods and generally act like dicks on the road

yeah but can you really blame the car for that? Do you hate all BMWs because a lot of the people that own them are douches?

TS
TS
Variant

Variant

Jan 15, 2004
Virginia
Personally, I don't like the new Zs because I feel that they stray to far from the roots of the car.

Plus, compared to the old Zs (well, the S30 and Z32) they look like ass.

can you explain what you mean by straying too far from the roots of the car? I've heard this (or something very similar) from many Z fans. What I don't understand is that while these people dislike the Z33, they invariably love the Z32, which IMHO, wasn't much like the original cars either.

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
yeah but can you really blame the car for that? Do you hate all BMWs because a lot of the people that own them are douches?
But the thing with BMWs is, they're not specifically designed to attract asshole drivers. I see as many middle-age women as 30-something douchebags driving Bimmers, but the 350Z is pretty much exclusively driven by young punks or old guys who still want to be young punks.

TS
TS
Variant

Variant

Jan 15, 2004
Virginia
But the thing with BMWs is, they're not specifically designed to attract asshole drivers. I see as many middle-age women as 30-something douchebags driving Bimmers, but the 350Z is pretty much exclusively driven by young punks or old guys who still want to be young punks.

much like the Corvette is specifically designed to be driven by men in their 40s going through a mid-life crisis?

pharcyde183

Nissan by nature
Sep 16, 2002
ATL
for one the 350z is not near the driving experience of the old Z cars it's so tame in comparison stock for stock... if you've driven the old cars they are just so much fun to drive in comparison

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
can you explain what you mean by straying too far from the roots of the car? I've heard this (or something very similar) from many Z fans. What I don't understand is that while these people dislike the Z33, they invariably love the Z32, which IMHO, wasn't much like the original cars either.

I'm not sure how to explain it really :hsd:. Maybe it's just one of those things that you only really 'get' after going for a drive in an older Z, but the new ones are just missing...something.

TS
TS
Variant

Variant

Jan 15, 2004
Virginia
I'm not sure how to explain it really :hsd:. Maybe it's just one of those things that you only really 'get' after going for a drive in an older Z, but the new ones are just missing...something.

I hear the exact same thing said about old Porsches vs. new. Are you a fan of the Z32? Do you feel that it's a "true" Z?

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
I hear the exact same thing said about old Porsches vs. new. Are you a fan of the Z32? Do you feel that it's a "true" Z?
I've never had a chance to drive a Z32, but I dd a S30.

As for if I'm a fan? I like the engine, I don't really love the styling, but I don't hate it like I hate the Z33's.

Perfect Speed

Software and Cars
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
PHL>SEA>CLT

there are as many stuck up middle aged women who are rude and bad drivers as there are men. So I dont see your point.

Of the 4 350Zs that are local to me ... 3 of em women own. So that argument fails too.

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
there are as many stuck up middle aged women who are rude and bad drivers as there are men. So I dont see your point.

Of the 4 350Zs that are local to me ... 3 of em women own. So that argument fails too.
Well, you live in Allentown PA.

In places where people want to live, the majority of 350Z owners are kids who should be driving old Honda Civics, or at least that's what I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan