Why is there such a difference in price between a 30" range and a 36"?

Ebtek

Mar 19, 2000
Fuck man, I'm renovating the kitchen and need appliances

Really good 30" is like $2000
Crappy entry level 36" is like $5000

Reactions: Prince of Zamunda
TS
TS
Ebtek

Ebtek

Mar 19, 2000
Does an extra 6 inches really make that much of a difference ?

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Also with all these restaurants closing im sure you can pickup a good commercial unit for cheap

Samcanadian

Cellular, Modular, Interactivodular
OT Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
Does an extra 6 inches really make that much of a difference ?
Next cooktop we buy will be 36" at least. Makes a huge difference. Not so much for the amount of burners, but for what you can fit on the stove at one time. One big cast iron on the middle burner on our standard cooktop basically hogs the whole thing. With a wider model we could get a couple of other pans on there.

Reactions: Ebtek

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
my house came with an older 30" range. the cooking space is super tight and annoying, 36" is way worth it.

MassMan

Aug 26, 2004
Somerville, MA
Depending on how fast you need it I’d check out greentoe.com (dumb fucking name I know) but if they have the brand/set your looking for it’s worth making them an offer to see if anyone bites. They’re just a brokerage service, but they got me the OLED I was looking for for about $400 less than anyone else was charging (and tax, shipping were included)

I’ve renovated 2 kitchens in the past 5 years. We went with mostly Bosch 800 series both times. I’d say they work fine and were reasonably priced but they also look really nice and helped get us a shit ton over asking when we sold the last place for our “chefs kitchen...” lol

Also, can not more highly suggest a slide in range. Shit makes the kitchen look so much bigger :dunno:

Reactions: Ebtek
TS
TS
Ebtek

Ebtek

Mar 19, 2000
Next cooktop we buy will be 36" at least. Makes a huge difference. Not so much for the amount of burners, but for what you can fit on the stove at one time. One big cast iron on the middle burner on our standard cooktop basically hogs the whole thing. With a wider model we could get a couple of other pans on there.
And also inside the oven too, would be a nice size increase

Have you looked into them?

Thor seems to make a decent one for 3k but it has bad reviews. There's a bosch for 6k that looks alright

TS
TS
Ebtek

Ebtek

Mar 19, 2000
Depending on how fast you need it I’d check out greentoe.com (dumb fucking name I know) but if they have the brand/set your looking for it’s worth making them an offer to see if anyone bites. They’re just a brokerage service, but they got me the OLED I was looking for for about $400 less than anyone else was charging (and tax, shipping were included)

I’ve renovated 2 kitchens in the past 5 years. We went with mostly Bosch 800 series both times. I’d say they work fine and were reasonably priced but they also look really nice and helped get us a shit ton over asking when we sold the last place for our “chefs kitchen...” lol

Also, can not more highly suggest a slide in range. Shit makes the kitchen look so much bigger :dunno:
Good info. Thanks man

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman