Why is topical ibuprofen cream not available OTC in the USA?

morrowasted

OT Supporter
Oct 28, 2004
in spain I noticed they had this stuff. I had never seen it before. the shit is magic for back pain- infinitely better than taking oral ibuprofen. works within 5 minutes.

my first tube lasted me like 3 years but i just opened my second tube and I'm kinda sad that they don't sell it here cuz oral ibuprofen is straight up garbage in comparison

eK

OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
200.gif

Freonthewhite

FrEoN
OT Supporter
Oct 22, 2004
New Jersey
they finally made diclofenac cream otc, it's voltaren. the stuff is great for people who can't stomach the hard NSAID's. you can get it at cvs
edit* walgreens, shoprite, hannaford etc.

Reactions: Achance007
TS
TS
morrowasted

morrowasted

OT Supporter
Oct 28, 2004
they finally made diclofenac cream otc, it's voltaren. the stuff is great for people who can't stomach the hard NSAID's. you can get it at cvs
no way really? thanks for the tip. i've had it PO before and it works. i'm surprised they made that one OTC topical but not ibuprofen

calisteph6

May 5, 2005
KRAPROOM
Is it bad for your kidneys like NSAIDs? I can’t have NSAIDs because of my kidneys. Try to stay away from Tylenol too so everything is out.

FartLighter

Resident Fart Expert
OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Lactulose, which is perhaps the best thing out there for constipation, is sold OTC in Britain, but requires a prescription in the US. It's such a basic thing and would unclog so many Americans. Practically every commercial on TV is for tampons, medicine for some weird disorder, and meds for people that can't shit. I guess that's the point though. If it were OTC here, big pharma wouldn't be able to rips us off.

Every time I go to Scotland I smuggle a few bottles back with me... with the Scotch.

Reactions: morrowasted
TS
TS
morrowasted

morrowasted

OT Supporter
Oct 28, 2004
Lactulose, which is perhaps the best thing out there for constipation, is sold OTC in Britain, but requires a prescription in the US. It's such a basic thing and would unclog so many Americans. Practically every commercial on TV is for tampons, medicine for some weird disorder, and meds for people that can't shit. I guess that's the point though. If it were OTC here, big pharma wouldn't be able to rips us off.

Every time I go to Scotland I smuggle a few bottles back with me... with the Scotch.
Shits way strong (no pun intended). You can give yourself hyperkalemia without tol much difficulty

dgr81

Cam Newton Fan #00001
OT Supporter
Jun 27, 2003
Toronto
Lactulose is OTC up here. Don’t travel all the way to Europe for it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan