SPORTS Will Brock ever be the HW champ again?

Will Brock ever be the HW Champion again?

• Total voters

HouseLing

When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy
Feb 9, 2002
SoCal
if he improves. mainly, learns to take a punch. also, is it just me, or has his wrestling looked subpar his last 2 fights or so?

TS
TS
Zoolander

Zoolander

OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Michigan
if he improves. mainly, learns to take a punch. also, is it just me, or has his wrestling looked subpar his last 2 fights or so?
There are gifs of him struggling to take down Randy, Carwin, and Cain.

People always bring up "He is a D1 HW champion wrestler"...but they for get that was what... 12 years ago? I personally dont think his wrestling has come with him to mma. Obviously in the Mir fight it was huge, but I think his wrestling is as overrated as Silvas BJJ.

Ghost of Swayze

Ofcourse you mad
Jul 1, 2005
DAT ASS
There are gifs of him struggling to take down Randy, Carwin, and Cain.

People always bring up "He is a D1 HW champion wrestler"...but they for get that was what... 12 years ago? I personally dont think his wrestling has come with him to mma. Obviously in the Mir fight it was huge, but I think his wrestling is as overrated as Silvas BJJ.

:rofl:

TS
TS
Zoolander

Zoolander

OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Michigan
Everybody wants to :wackit: to Silva being a BJJ black belt and his "bjj is soooo dangerous"

He has submitted 3 people 34 fights. 1, was in his first ever fight 14 years ago. 1 was Chael Sonnen, do we need to bring up how many times Chael has been tapped?

Anderson Silvas BJJ = OVERRATED.

Ghost of Swayze

Ofcourse you mad
Jul 1, 2005
DAT ASS
Everybody wants to :wackit: to Silva being a BJJ black belt and his "bjj is soooo dangerous"

He has submitted 3 people 34 fights. 1, was in his first ever fight 14 years ago. 1 was Chael Sonnen, do we need to bring up how many times Chael has been tapped?

Anderson Silvas BJJ = OVERRATED.

he submitted 3 people because hes the best striker in mma..are you retarded?

Ghost of Swayze

Ofcourse you mad
Jul 1, 2005
DAT ASS
While probably true, it's still kind of ridiculous to proclaim how godly his BJJ is with 3 subs in 34 fights.

Yes, I know, he fucks shit up with his striking. But still...

Hes doesnt go out looking for submissions nor does he spend too much time on his back, so it just doesnt happen often. Hes no Damiem Maia but is a legit threat if he needs to be.

TS
TS
Zoolander

Zoolander

OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Michigan
While probably true, it's still kind of ridiculous to proclaim how godly his BJJ is with 3 subs in 34 fights.

Yes, I know, he fucks shit up with his striking. But still...
Everyone wants to say "Okami can lay and pray, but then Silva will just sub him"

He has 31 fights with wins of some pretty damn good grapplers, and he has never been submitted. Could he get submitted? Of course. There is always that chance. But Silvas BJJ is the last thing Okami is thinking about.

TS
TS
Zoolander

Zoolander

OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Michigan
Oh, and the reason I make this thread. Golfing today, the other 3 guys I was golfing with all felt that Brocks next fight should be for a title shot. :ugh:

apman0000

OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
assuming he doesn't lose interest and try to do something else other than MMA I'd say probably yes

the HW division isn't that tough compared to other weight classes, he'll be at the top of the pyramid even if he loses again since there isn't much meat to the UFC HW division.

he'll always be within 1 or 2 fights of a title shot for the foreseeable future so sure, it's possible the guy is huge, strong and fast, just needs more technique to deal with 1 or 2 Heavies, the rest he just walks thru from physical gifts from god alone

p.s.
i fucking hate lesnar and hope he never wins anything again

TS
TS
Zoolander

Zoolander

OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Michigan
I just see him having troubles with...

JDS
Cain
Overeem
Schaub is still up in the air. But he has potential.
Carwin if he doesnt gas (and i know, i know. he did.)he wrecks Brock in the first fight. Now he has changed his lifestyle, his diet, his training...
And then there is Barnett, Big Foot Silva is no chump. Sergei seems to get a lot of hype even though im not convinced.

All these guys are a big challenge for Brock, and who konws. Maybe Mir gets lucky again.

I think the biggest problem for Brock is, he is fighting once a year. And coming off a pretty major operation, how long has he been able to train for since that? I honestly dont know so if you do, i guess let us know. Hes not getting younger, he has put a lot of stress on that body between getting sick, his time in the WWE, NCAA wrestling, football, and now MMA how long will it hold up? if he cant stay healthy and fight more than once a year its going to be extremely tough for him to make a real run.

alkalinesolo

Jul 2, 2007
I just don't think his heart is in it enough for him to improve his standup enough to be a consistent threat to anyone at the top of the division. He's getting old and I think he's on the downside of his career.

phonics

No good sir, I'm on the level.
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2004
He has 1 fight left on his contract and I can't see him renewing it

TS
TS
Zoolander

Zoolander

OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Michigan
He has 1 fight left on his contract and I can't see him renewing it

Everything I have read as said he is showing no signs if wanting to quit. But I also read he is the baddest man on the planet and he will be champion for years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan