STYLE winter boots - waterproof, warmish, decent looking

firemunki

I am the patron saint of lost causes
Aug 23, 2001
Scottsdale
god damn I got busy at work and all the stuff in my size sold out. Really bummed I didn't get those bright blue boat shoes... If I knew that was a color option I would have probably paid near retail for them a long time ago

Cold Brew

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
Quoddy finally got back to me. Few more weeks before my boat shoes ship out. Just in time for spring 2020, i guess :hsugh:

Apparently the navy leather had issues with color inconsistencies or something.

El Slotho

Quirked up white boy goated with the sauce
Sep 13, 2001
Wine Country
A more knowledgable Aldendude can specifically ID but those look barely worn from the soles.

They run big. I'm an 11D in just about everything, took a 10.5D in my Indys and could have gone 10D and been fine.

Reactions: stevezissou

Lit Wick87

This wave of guilt is drowning me
OT Supporter
I got some Alden 925 NST bluchers for $40 off eBay the other day. Threw out the first bid and somehow won them. They need a clean/polish and maybe a resole. Who knows what I’ll end up doing with them. Maybe I’ll try a budget cobbler on them.

I do kind of want to strip them and redye them some other color since I have enough Alden brown stuff. You tell me :dunno:
@El Slotho whats your take?

zI5B0j5h.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: stevezissou

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
My black waxed vibergs and Truman’s have seen the light already too. Altho my Truman’s are
Muddy af now.
still in these varvatos's that i've vibram resoled once already

the back stitching is coming undone and one of the liners is loose so i think i need to get em done more

can't believe they've lasted this long, i love these things

Reactions: Lit Wick87

Lethal

OT Supporter
Sep 6, 2003
Tempted to cop a pair of grant stones. Maybe the suede

Got some red wing IRs I don’t really wear, wolverine 1ks that wear the fuck out of, and some Alden/jcrew wingtip boots in cxl

Reactions: Lit Wick87

Lit Wick87

OT Supporter
still in these varvatos's that i've vibram resoled once already

the back stitching is coming undone and one of the liners is loose so i think i need to get em done more

can't believe they've lasted this long, i love these things

Everyone has their favorite pair :love: I need to thin my herd. Every year I say I will since they don’t fit well anymore, but I never do :hs:

Lit Wick87

OT Supporter

Got some red wing IRs I don’t really wear, wolverine 1ks that wear the fuck out of, and some Alden/jcrew wingtip boots in cxl

I had a friend out here this past weekend who liked my Truman’s and wanted to buy a nice pair of boots. I mentioned grant stone to him, and I think he’s leaning that way.

Lethal

OT Supporter
Sep 6, 2003
Everyone has their favorite pair :love: I need to thin my herd. Every year I say I will since they don’t fit well anymore, but I never do :hs:
Yeah I kinda wanna get rid of the Alden/jcrew wingtips. Will help me justify a purchase if it’s deemed a replacement rather than addition lol

Swiftie

not a troll account
OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2004
OKC

I have purchased a few pair of shoes from them. Nice dudes and the quality of the shoe is excellent for the price.

You looking at the suede boots? I was considering copping the ottawa boots in suede

Lethal

OT Supporter
Sep 6, 2003
I have purchased a few pair of shoes from them. Nice dudes and the quality of the shoe is excellent for the price.

You looking at the suede boots? I was considering copping the ottawa boots in suede
Yeah was looking at the diesel suede specifically

Also like the new cap toes. Not a fan of the British tan tho and my wolverines are “rust” and pretty similar in color to their crimson so it wouldn’t offer me much variation color-wise

El Slotho

Quirked up white boy goated with the sauce
Sep 13, 2001
Wine Country
I got some Alden 925 NST bluchers for $40 off eBay the other day. Threw out the first bid and somehow won them. They need a clean/polish and maybe a resole. Who knows what I’ll end up doing with them. Maybe I’ll try a budget cobbler on them.

I do kind of want to strip them and redye them some other color since I have enough Alden brown stuff. You tell me :dunno:
@El Slotho whats your take?

zI5B0j5h.jpg

From the pic they look great for $40! I'd first try the wet thumb scrub on any scuffs that seem stubborn - It doesn't work as well on calf as shell, obviously, but it can work pretty well. Then I'd probably run a damp micrifiber over them to remove any crap before polishing, then two light coats of Renovateur to rejuvenate the calf, and then evaluate from there.

If they need it, I'd finish with some Saphir dark brown polish and keep building very light coats until they looked how I wanted, and then finish with black edge dressing to complete the look.

2030s at the Hobbiton set for International Hobbit Day ( :rofl: ) a few weeks ago:

And on our way out of Fiji

jusui77.jpg

'Bergs in the Feej yo! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448