STYLE winter boots - waterproof, warmish, decent looking

Lit Wick87

This wave of guilt is drowning me
OT Supporter
From the pic they look great for $40! I'd first try the wet thumb scrub on any scuffs that seem stubborn - It doesn't work as well on calf as shell, obviously, but it can work pretty well. Then I'd probably run a damp micrifiber over them to remove any crap before polishing, then two light coats of Renovateur to rejuvenate the calf, and then evaluate from there.

If they need it, I'd finish with some Saphir dark brown polish and keep building very light coats until they looked how I wanted, and then finish with black edge dressing to complete the look.

2030s at the Hobbiton set for International Hobbit Day ( :rofl: ) a few weeks ago:

And on our way out of Fiji

jusui77.jpg

'Bergs in the Feej yo! :rofl:

Those boots in that picture is so odd. Especially considering your boat shoe collection :rofl:

I know I could do the classic bullshit with the NSTs, but I might just strip them and dye them red or blue like an asshole :rofl:

Hope you’re having a great trip brother. Looks awesome.

firemunki

I am the patron saint of lost causes
Aug 23, 2001
Scottsdale
My saphir order just came in

Ready for winter boys :o. Also is Viberg worth it, anybody?

I now have a couple pairs of vibergs and really like them both. One are cordovan, so I don't wear them a ton -- the other pair are these and they are probably my favorite pair of work style boots.

miloh.shop_58409871_311659276170293_3115765616958159682_n_1024x1024.jpg

popnfresh

Cuddle Bitch
Nov 4, 2001
1/4 life crisis
I now have a couple pairs of vibergs and really like them both. One are cordovan, so I don't wear them a ton -- the other pair are these and they are probably my favorite pair of work style boots.

miloh.shop_58409871_311659276170293_3115765616958159682_n_1024x1024.jpg
It’s either gonna be viberg or rm Williams :x:

I’ll spend 500 on sneakers but hesitate on boots :rofl: :rofl:

firemunki

Aug 23, 2001
Scottsdale
Why not?
I beat the piss out of mine. Go out dancing in them all the time :o

Yeah, not a durability issue at all -- I typically dress like a slob and cordovan looks a bit dressier. tbh most days I'm wearing quoddy bluchers or boat shoes. I've also been really digging a pair of alden unlined chukkas that I picked up for cheap

Reactions: GonadWarrior

GonadWarrior

May 11, 2001
Yeah, not a durability issue at all -- I typically dress like a slob and cordovan looks a bit dressier. tbh most days I'm wearing quoddy bluchers or boat shoes. I've also been really digging a pair of alden unlined chukkas that I picked up for cheap
fair play
My cordovan chukkas are the ones I beat up

Lethal

OT Supporter
Sep 6, 2003
eBay/grailed or just catch a sale?

El Slotho

Quirked up white boy goated with the sauce
Sep 13, 2001
Wine Country
Those boots in that picture is so odd. Especially considering your boat shoe collection :rofl:

I know I could do the classic bullshit with the NSTs, but I might just strip them and dye them red or blue like an asshole :rofl:

Hope you’re having a great trip brother. Looks awesome.

Dude:

When I made that for friends back home, I thought "U will approve!" :big grin:

My initial choices/test fit were a fucking joke. I thought it was going to be cold in NZ and almost brought the seriously wrong footwear, but came to my senses and ended up just bringing the 2030s and the newer CXL PTBs as non-slip-ons.

eP1DbvFh.jpg

PTBs in Christchurch:

RM6KlChh.jpg

W90gDdch.jpg

b0pqwxNh.jpg

Espresso at Hell's Gate / Maori Village:

ug5q7cUh.jpg

5PohdhTh.jpg

xRjpmRGh.jpg

t2oThOeh.jpg

fNpXnTrh.jpg

8ZDhE5hh.jpg

Caramel Rancourts in Fiji, which was a much needed relaxing week over the water. :bowdown:

VoN2DtQh.jpg

Although heading into the local village was a hard reminder of just how good we have it:

Compared to:

bDqgSg3h.jpg

aF3sq1yh.jpg

F5K9KnSh.jpg

QwQ2y3eh.jpg

YfT3glMh.jpg

zbZz1Ujh.jpg

NZgr6eKh.jpg

aG4JpUo.jpg

The one thing that sucks is that I planned to buy a pair of RM Williams while in Sydney for the "authentic" buying experience, which I know is totally worthless, and I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.

lJKr0SFh.jpg

ylhEENNh.jpg

ekCc4qWh.jpg

wGGHvvqh.jpg

Mus5rXah.jpg

They seem like great, GYW-constructed boots and I liked the suede, Kangaroo and the more expensive Chinchilla option that supposedly ages insanely well, but but they just don't do it for me - I don't know if it's the wholecut-looking aesthetic (save for the elastic sides) or that I do not care for the slight chisel toe on what looks like a blobby boot in comparison to the GG Burnham that I want, and that is 4+ times the price so the comparison is fucking worthless ...but I ended up walking out empty handed. :sad2:

OK I'm out, have to get on a flight back to Sydney for a few days before finally heading home.

firemunki

Aug 23, 2001
Scottsdale
Dude:

When I made that for friends back home, I thought "U will approve!" :big grin:

My initial choices/test fit were a fucking joke. I thought it was going to be cold in NZ and almost brought the seriously wrong footwear, but came to my senses and ended up just bringing the 2030s and the newer CXL PTBs as non-slip-ons.

eP1DbvFh.jpg

PTBs in Christchurch:

RM6KlChh.jpg

W90gDdch.jpg

b0pqwxNh.jpg

Espresso at Hell's Gate / Maori Village:

ug5q7cUh.jpg

5PohdhTh.jpg

xRjpmRGh.jpg

t2oThOeh.jpg

fNpXnTrh.jpg

8ZDhE5hh.jpg

Caramel Rancourts in Fiji, which was a much needed relaxing week over the water. :bowdown:

VoN2DtQh.jpg

Although heading into the local village was a hard reminder of just how good we have it:

Compared to:

bDqgSg3h.jpg

aF3sq1yh.jpg

F5K9KnSh.jpg

QwQ2y3eh.jpg

YfT3glMh.jpg

zbZz1Ujh.jpg

NZgr6eKh.jpg

aG4JpUo.jpg

The one thing that sucks is that I planned to buy a pair of RM Williams while in Sydney for the "authentic" buying experience, which I know is totally worthless, and I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.

lJKr0SFh.jpg

ylhEENNh.jpg

ekCc4qWh.jpg

wGGHvvqh.jpg

Mus5rXah.jpg

They seem like great, GYW-constructed boots and I liked the suede, Kangaroo and the more expensive Chinchilla option that supposedly ages insanely well, but but they just don't do it for me - I don't know if it's the wholecut-looking aesthetic (save for the elastic sides) or that I do not care for the slight chisel toe on what looks like a blobby boot in comparison to the GG Burnham that I want, and that is 4+ times the price so the comparison is fucking worthless ...but I ended up walking out empty handed. :sad2:

OK I'm out, have to get on a flight back to Sydney for a few days before finally heading home.

great pics as usual, hope you are having a blast

Lit Wick87

This wave of guilt is drowning me
OT Supporter
Wear them. It will suck for a while, but it’s all you can do. Kangaroo leather iirc, isn’t known to stretch too much though, much like shell.

Last edited:

El Slotho

Sep 13, 2001
Wine Country
Hahta speak Australyan:

"Sucker"

5XFkUrHh.jpg

CA0gM3Th.jpg

eDgnNSlh.jpg

IkvTciqh.jpg

gww0IGdh.jpg

AXDyDKhh.jpg

7ffpjnwh.jpg

o4dDNolh.jpg

0vhKUgah.jpg

kvYPcggh.jpg

bWReZARh.jpg

G08keYUh.jpg

6TXXITvh.jpg

48a8grwh.jpg

R069jCg.jpg

95MMUFUh.jpg

First thoughts - Laughing that the outlet store had the dark olive chinchillas that I had no idea existed, and that cost less than $300 USD, for the best looking RMW I've seen while here. I can't even seem to find them online. Super comfy with very little break-in needed out of the box, but tbh I could have gone with Ultraboosts as a better alternative for the 4 mile walk across the Harbor Bridge and back. :rofl:

For a first time out, they did very well. I'm glad I went with the more snug option rather than sizing up because they had already started to stretch by mile 2 and felt luxuriously silky by the end of the night - Seriously awesome. The soles were expectedly stiff for new leather, but there was very little heel slip for a new pair of boots and I can't wait to wear them again.

Since the chinchillas supposedly look their best if you beat the bag out of 'em, I am going to stomp the fuck out of this pair. :bigthumb:

Last edited:

El Slotho

Sep 13, 2001
Wine Country
I like them. I'm not an Indy fan, which is a tough admission due to their overwhelming popularity, but I dig the NST design and love them even more on boots and something tapered like the Plaza last.

You’d be an idiot NOT to buy them.

:rofl: I'm an idiot regardless, hence the instant 4 miles walked, but agreed.

Packing to be up out of here in a few. it's been fun but I'm ready to GTFO home and be back on the same day and timezone as everyone I know.

Reactions: Lit Wick87

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448