STYLE winter boots - waterproof, warmish, decent looking

firemunki

I am the patron saint of lost causes
Aug 23, 2001
Scottsdale
I copped a pair of sport penny loafers from the quoddy tent sale a few days ago but I’m still tempted to grab another pair of bluchers or something at that discount

I like the sport penny loafers, I have a pair. I just grabbed a pair of bluchers and a tanner belt -- this will be my third pair of quoddy bluchers. Wasn't really planning on buying any shoes today, but oh well :dunno:

Lethal

OT Supporter
Sep 6, 2003
I like the sport penny loafers, I have a pair. I just grabbed a pair of bluchers and a tanner belt -- this will be my third pair of quoddy bluchers. Wasn't really planning on buying any shoes today, but oh well :dunno:
I’ve already got the bluchers in whiskey but that suede or brown ones are tempting :noes:

firemunki

I am the patron saint of lost causes
Aug 23, 2001
Scottsdale
I’ve already got the bluchers in whiskey but that suede or brown ones are tempting :noes:

I like suede a lot because I dress pretty casually. My other two pairs of bluchers are both suede -- the initial ones that I purchased I think I did at full retail because I wanted grey suede w/ white soles

pmoney

OT Supporter
Jan 8, 2004
NC
Now that's just fucked up.

I think I found another contender for the title of this thread besides the Heschung options. C&J Ross:

https://www.crockettandjones.com/collections/mens/main-collection/ross-chocolate-hurricane-hide/
ross_20104a-r10u2-1.jpg

ross_20104a-r10u2-2.jpg

Not bad.
i think thats the same vibram on my old ass long branch, not the shitty gumlite they have now

it's great

pmoney

OT Supporter
Jan 8, 2004
NC
I haven’t worn boots after my traumatic Tokyo trip.
when you do long trips in boots you gotta break in your feet

i've rucked a lot (both backpacking when i was younger and some in the army) and unless you have sneaker boots, you will get blisters. even in my running shoes, when im pushing miles you get blisters on the ball of my foot, toes, whatever. eventualyl it goes away with a callus. danite even broken in will give you some blisters on the soles of your feet until you get rock solid calluses. but these blisters don't matter or hurt IMO.

I wore ae daltons in danite (oxblood) to nyc and my feet were destroyed on my heel and ankles after 15 miles or so, even though it probably started to be bad at mile 5. I had only walked maybe 1-2 miles a couple times in them before. Next trip i wore them for 2-3 days same distance and had some rubbing but wasn't too bad. I remembered what the fuck i was supposed to do (and they were nicely broken in by then) and taped my problem areas before hand with leukotape (see below). it lasts a long time if you round off the corners and try to be careful with socks pulling on it. I've done that before when rucking and what not because it takes weeks for your feet to be ready to crush again after damage like that.

https://sectionhiker.com/leukotape-blister-prevention-tape-for-running-and-hiking/

Also, these are a must in your toiletries. They actually work well for hotspots.

Lit Wick87

This wave of guilt is drowning me
OT Supporter
when you do long trips in boots you gotta break in your feet

i've rucked a lot (both backpacking when i was younger and some in the army) and unless you have sneaker boots, you will get blisters. even in my running shoes, when im pushing miles you get blisters on the ball of my foot, toes, whatever. eventualyl it goes away with a callus. danite even broken in will give you some blisters on the soles of your feet until you get rock solid calluses. but these blisters don't matter or hurt IMO.

I wore ae daltons in danite (oxblood) to nyc and my feet were destroyed on my heel and ankles after 15 miles or so, even though it probably started to be bad at mile 5. I had only walked maybe 1-2 miles a couple times in them before. Next trip i wore them for 2-3 days same distance and had some rubbing but wasn't too bad. I remembered what the fuck i was supposed to do (and they were nicely broken in by then) and taped my problem areas before hand with leukotape (see below). it lasts a long time if you round off the corners and try to be careful with socks pulling on it. I've done that before when rucking and what not because it takes weeks for your feet to be ready to crush again after damage like that.

https://sectionhiker.com/leukotape-blister-prevention-tape-for-running-and-hiking/

Also, these are a must in your toiletries. They actually work well for hotspots.

I didn’t get any blisters. My feet just hurt like hell.

Lethal

OT Supporter
Sep 6, 2003
I like suede a lot because I dress pretty casually. My other two pairs of bluchers are both suede -- the initial ones that I purchased I think I did at full retail because I wanted grey suede w/ white soles
Ended up grabbing the chromexcel brown bluchers

the toast suede ones were sold out in my size so made the decision easier :hsd:

Lethal

OT Supporter
Sep 6, 2003
The quoddy sport penny’s in natural I got in the tent sale are too big. Should have sized down from my bluchers apparently

Anyone I’m interested? Size 11 :hsd:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448