STYLE winter boots - waterproof, warmish, decent looking

Lit Wick87

This wave of guilt is drowning me
OT Supporter
I only know suede, where Tarrago seems to be the darling.

Well that fucking sucks. :sad2:
yeah my barrie size is 8.5D/E or 9D/E depending on socks and if they're boots/shoes.

these are a 8E and i just dont wear them enough because my toes start to hurt after a while :hs:I loved those boots but my foot has flattened out enough that they just dont work. Going to list them for around 800 and see what happens. I doubt ill get anywhere near that, but you never know.

Reactions: kwhitelaw

El Slotho

Quirked up white boy goated with the sauce
Sep 13, 2001
Wine Country
yeah my barrie size is 8.5D/E or 9D/E depending on socks and if they're boots/shoes.

these are a 8E and i just dont wear them enough because my toes start to hurt after a while :hs:I loved those boots but my foot has flattened out enough that they just dont work. Going to list them for around 800 and see what happens. I doubt ill get anywhere near that, but you never know.

Scrub 'em a bit with a damp microfiber, drop a bit o'Saphir cordovan cream on them and brush - $800 no problem. :bigthumb:

Reactions: Lit Wick87

GonadWarrior

May 11, 2001

I'll give you $200 and a reach-around tug

Reactions: Lit Wick87

El Slotho

Sep 13, 2001
Wine Country
These are interesting. Not a $1300 gamble I'd take, but interesting nonetheless.

https://viberg.com/products/derby-boot-bourbon-dry-wear-print-shell-cordovan
WFsg8L1h.png

Been wearing the 2030s enough recently to start wanting a pair in shell again, but no way I'm playing the waiting game bullshit so no bourbon or glazed natural for Slotho. :wtc:

7ncjjdwh.jpg

cfvk80ih.jpg

The Dainite on these is just about toast. Has anyone had their Vibergs resoled? Is Viberg the only option to get the doublestitching done correctly?

firemunki

I am the patron saint of lost causes
Aug 23, 2001
Scottsdale
saw an email on those drywear print vibergs last week, but those are definitely way too busy/flashy for me. With the amount that I rotate through shoes, I'd expect it to be many years before I need a viberg resoled, so I'm no help there

Reactions: El Slotho

Lit Wick87

OT Supporter
These are interesting. Not a $1300 gamble I'd take, but interesting nonetheless.

https://viberg.com/products/derby-boot-bourbon-dry-wear-print-shell-cordovan
WFsg8L1h.png

Been wearing the 2030s enough recently to start wanting a pair in shell again, but no way I'm playing the waiting game bullshit so no bourbon or glazed natural for Slotho. :wtc:

7ncjjdwh.jpg

cfvk80ih.jpg

The Dainite on these is just about toast. Has anyone had their Vibergs resoled? Is Viberg the only option to get the doublestitching done correctly?

Let’s see the bottom of those. Mine have hundreds of miles on them and are nowhere near bottoming out any of the divots.

El Slotho

Sep 13, 2001
Wine Country
Word. The toes are pretty dragged, and the nibs are all worn down flush with holes save for the last row. Heels are surprisingly not bad for their age but for some reason my heels never get super worn.

HfnVo4Z.jpg

i5pgjyU.jpg

JV2hH7g.jpg

I can probably get away with one or two more seasons, but I'd love nice fresh new bright doublestitch threads up top. :rofl:

Reactions: jojomcdougal

El Slotho

Sep 13, 2001
Wine Country
Well alright alright alright. Just went to SF to start the process of buying those Lindricks and they were sold.

Thank fucking God. :bowdown: :rofl:

Lit Wick87

OT Supporter
Word. The toes are pretty dragged, and the nibs are all worn down flush with holes save for the last row. Heels are surprisingly not bad for their age but for some reason my heels never get super worn.

HfnVo4Z.jpg

i5pgjyU.jpg

JV2hH7g.jpg

I can probably get away with one or two more seasons, but I'd love nice fresh new bright doublestitch threads up top. :rofl:

Mine look the same. We’re good brother. We’re good.

WrPMICxh.jpg

8PSUJsQh.jpg

El Slotho

Sep 13, 2001
Wine Country
The one thing that is terrifying about danite is when you walk on a white stone/tile surface.
So damn slippery :rofl: I really want to cut some grooves between the pads with a dremel or something and see how it goes

Oh snap, you might be on to something! Dainite with siping could be the new marble-office-foyer friendly darling!

Lethal

OT Supporter
Sep 6, 2003
Yo @kwhitelaw do you have a DC area cobbler you recommend? Preferably in DC proper

my wolverine 1ks are due, I’d like to slap a commando/lugged sole on them

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448