STYLE winter boots - waterproof, warmish, decent looking

El Slotho

Quirked up white boy goated with the sauce
Sep 13, 2001
Wine Country
BIG snap @kwhitelaw looks like Greg from NEOC is back doin' thangs and has started this:

He's saying that he will resole the older legacy NEOC stuff. Or at least the old LMs, which works for me.

Reactions: kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
BIG snap @kwhitelaw looks like Greg from NEOC is back doin' thangs and has started this:

He's saying that he will resole the older legacy NEOC stuff. Or at least the old LMs, which works for me.

lol oh my do i even want to go down this path again.. I have my OG slip-ons that I had Aram resole that are now unfortunately too small, he pulled them in too tight when he was stitching up the wrap around crepe sole and I never cared to mention to him, $175 wasted ugh.. If I felt like Greg could deconstruct them and resole back to their "original" size, I'd ship them off in a heartbeat. Just not sure I want to spend any more money or invest the time to deal with NEOC/MMM/whatever they are called nowadays.. shame as I'm for atleast 6-7 pairs from the NEOC days..

thanks for the heads up, I'll peruse the reddit link and see what comes of it.. not sure he'd care to take in an old pair for the resole at this point

El Slotho

Sep 13, 2001
Wine Country
Fuck it. I'm in on the Quoddy LM ripoff and I may float the "I got taken for $275 for MMM LMs that never happened" sob story Greg's way to see if he'll float me a pair on the cheap.

I figure it beats given more $ to Big 'Berg. :rofl:

Reactions: kwhitelaw

El Slotho

Sep 13, 2001
Wine Country
The Easy Mocs guy will resole Lazy Mocs. Given the exquisite shit sandwich the last few weeks have been for us, it's the best news I've heard in a while.

Otherwise I've just given up and rarely wear anything but these Nike Pukes.

NXwdI9nl.jpg

Fuck it. I hope you guys are doing OK.

Reactions: iCe

firemunki

I am the patron saint of lost causes
Aug 23, 2001
Scottsdale
Haven't worn any GYW footwear since March. These companies still surviving?

Bought a couple pairs of Rancourts when they announced wholesale pricing in June just to try to keep their factory open -- I've never purchased Rancourts prior. Received my first pair in September, the second pair in October, and then a duplicate pair in November.

1608521910458.png

Hopefully most people were honest and returned... Second time it's happened to me since COVID, last week I got a double order of Corsair RM850X from a company. I reached out to them letting them know about their mistake and they responded that their logistics department is looking into how to proceed :rofl:

As for actually wearing anything GWY, I'm mainly in Nikes on the weekends and Toms on the weekdays. I did wear these a couple weeks ago though

1608522247646.png

firemunki

I am the patron saint of lost causes
Aug 23, 2001
Scottsdale
@kwhitelaw talk to me about Chilotes.

The salmon leather design looks so much better than the house shoes, but the house shoes come with black leather. I'd prefer black leather, but the salmon leather ones look way better with the leather only on the bottom and not running up the sides

El Slotho

Sep 13, 2001
Wine Country
I think someone at some piont was asking about a Viberg alternative for service boots that weren't $600+, and from all reports it looks like Parkhurst is killing it in the sub-$400 category:

DSC_0649_1800x1196.jpg

Even the GYW dudes are agog at the quality for the money.

popey

OT Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
What's your insight to viberg slipper fit? reddit says 1.5 to 2 size down from branick sizing?

El Slotho

Sep 13, 2001
Wine Country
I have a few pairs and love them - I go two full sizes down from brannock and they fit perfectly because they are so cavernous. I am a normal volume 11D in just about everything, a 10 in Viberg's 2030 last and a 9 in the Viberg slipper. I do have a pair of 9.5 slippers that have CXL tongue and heel pads in them otherwise they would be too big:

5lObirRh.jpg

But I wear them mostly without socks, which is why I want the tighter fit.

Hoodoo

Jan 13, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Whats a good casual / business casual shoe to wear in an office environment? I’m having a hard time settling on a non-tennis shoe style.

My red-wings I’ve had for years are a bit too worn for anything other than chores / motorcycles.

Was looking at AE Higgins Mill as a replacement. I wear jeans most days.

Lit Wick87

This wave of guilt is drowning me
OT Supporter
I think someone at some piont was asking about a Viberg alternative for service boots that weren't $600+, and from all reports it looks like Parkhurst is killing it in the sub-$400 category:

DSC_0649_1800x1196.jpg

Even the GYW dudes are agog at the quality for the money.
I’m a little annoyed at how good these look for the price :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448