ART Woah...Timelapse.

1992 240SX

Jan 10, 2004
Long Beach, CA
At first I thought it was video but the way some of the frames are exposed force me to believe that it's long exposures put together. Anybody know?

Edit: The city shots prob video cause the cars don't look like streaks. But the nature shots look too bright and not grainy enough to be video if they were shot at high ISOs...I dunno....

havelegs

May 16, 2009
Austin TX
At first I thought it was video but the way some of the frames are exposed force me to believe that it's long exposures put together. Anybody know?

Edit: The city shots prob video cause the cars don't look like streaks. But the nature shots look too bright and not grainy enough to be video if they were shot at high ISOs...I dunno....
Probably by metering off of the bright lights in the city, then dropping the shutter speed a couple of clicks.

havelegs

May 16, 2009
Austin TX
It all depends how much PP you want to do once the vid is compiled. Usually, Quicktime does a good job at putting together the basic vid, but from there you can do all kinds of stuff with after effects and like programs.

Aero277

Aug 13, 2003
Los Angeles
b
It all depends how much PP you want to do once the vid is compiled. Usually, Quicktime does a good job at putting together the basic vid, but from there you can do all kinds of stuff with after effects and like programs.

Quicktime for timelapses is ftw, After Effects also offers the same ease with the PP capability.

But yeah, just pick up one of the Intervalometer clones on Amazon or ebay. They also function as a timer and remote shutter/bulb.

Zerosity

Like drinking ten lightnings!
OT Supporter
Jul 31, 2010
One of the categories the video is listed under is 2 frames per second....so I assume that's what the intervalometer was set to. He also said it was shot with a 5D MKii, but I'm still not sure on some of the shot specifics.

The nature section with the boat appears to have some lighting on the boat, unless he bracketed the shot. But that would cause even more pain in the editing/splicing process.

Really cool and great selection of locations though.

Aero277

Aug 13, 2003
Los Angeles
One of the categories the video is listed under is 2 frames per second....so I assume that's what the intervalometer was set to. He also said it was shot with a 5D MKii, but I'm still not sure on some of the shot specifics.

The nature section with the boat appears to have some lighting on the boat, unless he bracketed the shot. But that would cause even more pain in the editing/splicing process.

Really cool and great selection of locations though.

Hmm...I dunno about 2 frames per second. I think he may have just been spamming the time lapse categories. He also listed under 1440 frames which would be a 1minute time lapse depending on your fps.

For timelapses, it's advisable to drag your shutter as much as possible. If the interval between "frames" is significantly longer than the shutter speed, moving subjects will seem to skip around and teleport between shots.

Though a Tv of .5 would be fine for a time lapse, intervalometers usually have increments of 1s so you really wouldn't be able to do 2 exposures in one second.

David

Nov 30, 2004
Sacramento, CA
[y]TZoGI1lo6dI&hd=1[/y]

:dunno: boring subject, but I'm trying to nail out everything before I do it elsewhere. Ended up being way too much light/dark :-/

possibly gonna try it with some ND gradient filters, see if I can even out the light.

Aero277

Aug 13, 2003
Los Angeles
[y]TZoGI1lo6dI&hd=1[/y]

:dunno: boring subject, but I'm trying to nail out everything before I do it elsewhere. Ended up being way too much light/dark :-/

possibly gonna try it with some ND gradient filters, see if I can even out the light.

I tried doing a sunset timelapse a few weeks ago...talk about fail. You have to figure out if you want to expose for the daylight or see shit once it gets dark. I used a 3-stop NDF, exposed in the middle, and after a little bit it just went shit dark. That and it was probably the least dramatic sunset you could possibly imagine.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448