GUN Wolf and maybe Saiga banned from import

TL1000RSquid

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Jun 9, 2004
NY
MILITARY SMALL-ARMS AMMUNITION
Our products are used by many law enforcement agencies and the armed forces. Advanced ammunition by the TCW which is used in anti-terrorist operations deserves special mentioning. The Tula military ammunition is exported to many countries via the state company “ROSOBORONEXPORT” (http://www.rusarm.ru) ONLY .
-----
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-10/25/content_10252262.htm
WASHINGTON, Oct. 25 (Xinhua) –– The United States has slapped financial sanctions on Russia's state arms exporter for its dealings with Iran, a move was described by Russia as something "without international legal foundation," the Washington Post reported Saturday.

Under the U.S. law, any assets of the entities or individuals being sanctioned will be frozen, and no Americans are allowed to do business with them.

The U.S. sanctions were designed to thwart the sales of sensitive technology that could help Iran, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) and Syria develop weapons of mass destruction or missile systems, the Washington Post said.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Friday denounced the U.S. sanctions on Russia's Rosodboronexport, and its subsidiaries, as illegal and unjust.

"These new sanctions were introduced without any international legal foundation whatsoever," Lavrov was quoted as reporting in Moscow.

Russia will not change its policies on Iran because of the sanctions, the Russian foreign minister stressed.

[DWI]

Master of Nothing
Aug 6, 2000
Maine
The law states that no american is allowed to do business with them, but what happens if instead of requiring funny pictures from the nigerian scammer we make him buy the guns and import them from him?

TS
TS
TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Jun 9, 2004
NY
http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewiStockNews+articleid_2737670.html
The sanctions bar all U.S. state organizations from providing any assistance to Rosoboronexport, buying any products from it, or using its services. In addition, Rosoboronexport will be unable to buy any military products or services in the U.S.
Ok looks like maybe we are in the clear for the moment, think it just stops the gov from buying anything from them, not civilians.

I'm still ordering 2 cases though :o

SNDP

Nov 26, 2007
Zion
I wanted to try that wolf .22 match ammo I heard about.. Anyone know where it might be sitting on shelf?

TS
TS
TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Jun 9, 2004
NY
i thought that prvi was like rebadged wolf or something along those lines

See my 2nd post it may not effect civi sales. prvi makes some wolf gold ammo don't think its actually owned by them though just subcontracted out to them.

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
See my 2nd post it may not effect civi sales. prvi makes some wolf gold ammo don't think its actually owned by them though just subcontracted out to them.

Prvi is a serbian? ammo company that just sells stuff through wolf.

Also, Wolf .22 and 12Ga are made in Germany, so you should still be able to get that stuff some how.

TS
TS
TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Jun 9, 2004
NY
i've read that this is fake on a few sites. anyone have any sufficient evidence that this is factual?

Its been printed on a bunch of news sites, I think the question is will it effect us consumers, a couple of the news stories I read said that it restricted the Gov from purchasing there exports, not civilians. The government blows our tax money on buying ammo for the iraqi's and afghans I think this just means the gov cannt buy ammo from the russians anymore :dunno:

PC Principle

Mar 12, 2004
Its been printed on a bunch of news sites, I think the question is will it effect us consumers, a couple of the news stories I read said that it restricted the Gov from purchasing there exports, not civilians. The government blows our tax money on buying ammo for the iraqi's and afghans I think this just means the gov cannt buy ammo from the russians anymore :dunno:

Wolf prices may end up going down for us then. :eek3: Smaller demand.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor