Deleted member 50048

to imbed, use [ y ] [ / y ]

don't use spaces of course

konrad109

Jan 6, 2006
Chicago, IL
Contact information for the sheriff's office:

Contact Information

Telephone (330) 430-3800 FAX Postal address 4500 Atlantic Blvd., N.E., Canton, Ohio 44705 Electronic mail General Information: [email protected]
Here is what I'm sending:

Sherrif Swanson,

I, like millions of other Americans, have seen the video footage of your male officers stripping a female suspect. The fact that you deny they did anything wrong, despite the video that clearly males involved in stripping her, is exactly why there is such a low level of respect for law enforment in this country. In light of authority figures such as yourself, who will blatantly lie in the face of video evidence showing misconduct by his police officers, it is becoming almost impossible to believe a word any police officer says. It will be more and more difficult to convict real criminals because no jury will ever believe the testimony of a police officer and witnesses will fear having their words twisted.

Why is it so hard to admit wrong doing, apologize, and make corrections to increase public trust. Deputies acting under difficult, high stress situations are liable to make mistakes, and that is understandable. But there need to be reprecussions for officers who betray the public trust to ensure they think twice before hurting the people they are supposed to protect. You are the one who should be able to take a look and say "this officer made a mistake, for that I apologize and will do what I can to make it right and make sure it doesn't happen again." When the sheriff shows he is against the people he is supposed to protect, he only makes it harder for his own deputies and prosecuters to do their job and more importantly they are hurting innocent people in the process.

Wave

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Mar 21, 2000
Seattle, WA
3 medals of valor for the officers that did the strip sear... excuse me... the search with the assailant not clothed...

TS
TS

jehan60188

May 25, 2006
As bad as I dooooo feel.

I wonder what her conduct was prior to this situation? Did she immediately attack the officer when he arrived? Not really clear from all this - just because she was the victim of a beating doesn't necessarily imply she was cooperative on the scene. An officer may have seen her acting hysterical, angry, and potentially violent and simply tried to place her into handcuffs while he conducted a preliminary investigation of the situation. Her behavior at this crucial point may have set the stage for her treatment to come.

near the end, they say that she leaned against the officer

What occurs after this preliminary accident may or may not be excusable based on her behavior as the incident continued. If she continued to scream and behave inappropriately - it may well have been beyond the ability of female officers to handle her by themselves.

I simply can not imagine this occurring in the first place had officers arrived and she was clearly injured and trying to explain to them what had happened.
right, those scrawny weak female officers needed big burly men to help them control a big burly female civilian...

civilians are guilty until proven innocent, and cops are innocent until proven guilty, eh?

Deleted member 50048

No... The other way around.

You won't find somebody more outraged by the ridiculous war on drugs and abuse of power by officers in this country.......... But I live in reality - and every once in a while its nice to accept the world we live in.

I watched the video and tried to hate the officers. I understand there is inexcusable missing dash cam footage - however from what I see in the news broadcast there is not a single moment where that woman is acting decent.

I understand she may very well have been abused at the hands of the police but what the fuck kind of idiot believes that resisting and screaming like a fucktard are going to make anything better for you?
i'm sorry, but i would be screaming like fucking mad if several people were stripping me naked without cause.

konrad109

Jan 6, 2006
Chicago, IL

You won't find somebody more outraged by the ridiculous war on drugs and abuse of power by officers in this country.......... But I live in reality - and every once in a while its helpful to accept the world we live in.

I watched the video and tried to hate the officers. I understand there is inexcusable missing dash cam footage - however from what I see in the news broadcast there is not a single moment where that woman is acting decent. If it was either her intention to make herself look guilty of resisting - or if it was perhaps the officer's intention to make her look guilty of resisting - than fucking A+. Because that is precisely what my eyes saw - a woman resisting the efforts of officers.

I understand she may very well have been abused at the hands of the police but what the fuck kind of idiot believes that resisting and screaming like a fucktard are going to make anything better for you?

So if you were face first in a mat soaked in sweat and urine while handcuffed while several big burly dudes were taking off your pants you would sit there quietly?

Deleted member 50048

You won't find somebody more outraged by the ridiculous war on drugs and abuse of power by officers in this country.......... But I live in reality - and every once in a while its helpful to accept the world we live in.

I watched the video and tried to hate the officers. I understand there is inexcusable missing dash cam footage - however from what I see in the news broadcast there is not a single moment where that woman is acting decent. If it was either her intention to make herself look guilty of resisting - or if it was perhaps the officer's intention to make her look guilty of resisting - than fucking A+. Because that is precisely what my eyes saw - a woman resisting the efforts of officers.

replying again after your edit.

i just wanted to add that the male officers involved were breaking their department's rules about same sex strip searches. if i were a woman and a bunch of men were man handling me to the ground and began stripping my clothes away, fuck yes i would be screaming bloody murder and resisting. at that point, i don't know what the fuck is going on and now am fighting for my life/anal virginity

TS
TS

jehan60188

May 25, 2006

that's all good and well for cops doing their duty. but these cops were in violation of their own departments rules.
see, cops speed 20 over the posted limit, they flash their lights to go through red lights, and we let it slide. then something like this happens. "oh, it's just an isolated incident" that happens over, and over again. each one of these 'isolated incidents' need to be pushed to the limit of examination- so that cops know that they can't make these incidents more frequent
how much longer until america becomes the laughing stock of the justice system? how much longer until cops become private security forces for the rich and powerful?

cops should be held to a higher moral and legal standard than civilians, since they are given more power in our society. but we just let it slide. how much longer?

ahem. sorry
</rant>

Wave

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Mar 21, 2000
Seattle, WA
Now, I agree often the whole story doesn't make good TV news so they tell the interesting side of it, however in this case Imnot, I see a couple HUGE issues that make me think they the police are absolutely at fault here.

First, violating policy and having males assist in a strip search. There is NO reason that it was necessary. Female officers are more than able to do the job. This is 100% wrong. Second, where is all this missing footage? Dash cam off? Video of the officers taking video of her in jail, but they don't send it in? Sounds to me like a whole lot of cops protecting cops/tampering with evidence. Third of all, keep in mind that she's the one that called the police about being assaulted in her own home. Now, I'll admit that it's possible that she was causing a ruckus when the officer arrived, but getting charged with resisting arrest?

It all seems like the situation started with bad decisions from the initial arresting officer and snowballed from there.

MAD PUNK inDC

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Mar 16, 2000
the machine
I keep saying that the people need to rise up when this happens. In the old days, they would kill the sheriff over something like this. He should be thankful times are more civil, though I believe in striking back.

LancerV

Buttslut sighting
OT Supporter
Sep 16, 2003
I keep saying that the people need to rise up when this happens. In the old days, they would kill the sheriff over something like this. He should be thankful times are more civil, though I believe in striking back.

:werd: I would be in jail a long ass time if that was my wife

T0nyGTSt

Dec 29, 2004
How can male officers behave in this fashion?

I assume as a peace officer you were given the full training on what is acceptable conduct.

I ask you, can you as a man remove a woman's underwear while she's screaming like that WHILE THE CAMERAS ARE ROLLING?

It's double stupidity.

Would you accept US soldiers doing it to Iraqi women in any war situation?

Then how can you accept this against a female american citizen?

And how can the female police there condone it? They all deserve to go to jail.

LancerV

Buttslut sighting
OT Supporter
Sep 16, 2003
The fucked up part if this was an American soilder doing to it to an Iraqi woman it would be on national television

Deleted member 50048

Well........ yes. Did kicking and screaming get her face out of the fucking mat any sooner? No... It made them hold it there longer. I consider myself responsible enough to carry a firearm with me at all times - and I consider myself responsible enough to cooperate with police even if the officers are being silly. I will display my cooperative behavior at all times and laugh all the way to the bank if what the officers did was against the law.

Although I can't stress enough that I believe her behavior came before the "treatment." So it's really pretty fuckin unlikely I would ever be in that situation to begin with.

Well by all means - give them ammunition to use against you in court and hurt your own case. I won't try to stop you. :bigthumb:

I see resisting unlawful detainment or unlawful search as justified. civil suits waiting to happen just for the department to settle out of court because of the "high cost of going to trial"

it's happened a few times here in virginia over people OC'ing legally

footratfunkface

Aug 19, 2002
Covington, GA
I don't even know what I'd do if that were my wife.

I, too, have no idea what sort of behavior happened on EITHER side off-camera. I have a sneaking suspicion that the lady may have been less than a lady prior to this incident. That does not justify it, but if that's the case, it may help explain it.

There is no justification for males being present or PERFORMING the strip search. There's no justification for leaving a woman naked in a cell for 6 hours. There's no reason that the dashcam should have been turned off during this call. That certain footage is missing during critical times in this ordeal leads one to believe that something is being hidden. Combine that with the sheriff's claim that everything was done "by the book," and you have a far less than truthful story from the law enforcement side.

Deleted member 50048

I do too...... :h5:

However........ When you get a bit older you will understand that just because something is justified does not mean it is a good idea to do it.

yeah, having that video will help her case immensely. OCDO suggests we carry recording devices whenever we OC for cases like that or others where the police are obviously doing something illegal. they never suggest that we resist, but that we stand our ground :wiggle:

Deleted member 50048

www.georgiacarry.org - read some of the cases on the site they're working on, good stuff :bowdown: they have several cases of 4th amendment violations with people OCing, including charging a guy for concealed carry when the 911 MWAG call came from ACROSS THE STREET.

i'll check that site out, are you on OCDO?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor