Work Crew: do you know how much your coworkers make; do you feel bad for making more/less and doing the same work

hipberri

Jan 27, 2016
do you have coworkers who make more/less than you do you feel upset/bad about it?
i know im already making more than my coworkers and we have about the same responsibilities more or less.
everyone's going to band together and ask our boss for more money since we're making record profits and our standard raise is a measly 2.5%
we did get a 16% bonus last year
:dunno:

TS
TS
hipberri

hipberri

Jan 27, 2016
i actually got chewed out at my last job since we were discussing salary amongst eachother and they put that on my review.
i complained to the national labor board since that's illegal to prevent coworkers from doing that.
hth

Reactions: djnick and Bloke

Samcanadian

Cellular, Modular, Interactivodular
OT Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
Like there is really nothing good that's going to come from discussing salaries. Someone's coming away from that discussion upset.

Reactions: wildflower

jgon842

OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Tumwater, WA
Previous employer fired guys for discussing wages with others, and it cost all of us a 15k contract completion bonus. Bonuses never went over $1500 for the following 7 years i was there.

Reactions: 2000GT
TS
TS
hipberri

hipberri

Jan 27, 2016
Previous employer fired guys for discussing wages with others, and it cost all of us a 15k contract completion bonus. Bonuses never went over $1500 for the following 7 years i was there.
that is illegal, they could sue and def win. wont even need to hire a lawyer. you can meet with the federal labor lawyer and they will represent you for free.

Reactions: Bloke

jgon842

OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Tumwater, WA
that is illegal, they could sue and def win. wont even need to hire a lawyer. you can meet with the federal labor lawyer and they will represent you for free.

The people that they fired were shit bags and made everyone's life hell and caused more work. This was all 07-10 DoD contractor days.. Money and Ex-wives everywhere.

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Our company posts all of the wages of our employees. Its obviously a range ($18-22/hr or say 10k-35k salary)

The managers all know what other managers make too when we do end of year budget reviews.

Drifts180

Jun 30, 2003
I ended up in a position that I wouldn't normally be in where I needed access to information that included everyone's hourly rate. I make more than a lot of them but was kind of surprised how much some of them who made more were making. I don't feel bad, the majority of those who make more have a ton of experience or are in supervisory positions, and for those who make less I don't because I've busted my ass and earned what I make over the years. Never shared the info with others.

Reactions: Cicada

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011
My company has a “salary band” posted. Apparently everyone with the same title as me makes between something like 70 and 90k

Reactions: Cicada

MarcinMaximus

OT Supporter
Jun 7, 2005
Germany
there are people in my department that make for basically the same job up to 100-150k more than me, on average probably 50k more. however, I am the most junior, have a totally different history and make great progress with my salary nevertheless. Still sucks sometimes when you think about it and you also consider the performance of some of these people.

CRaiNK

ЧЕМПИОН
Feb 9, 2001
Vancouver-Moskva
How do you fire someone without due cause? Can't you file a grievance for wrongful dismissal?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman