FIT Working out a gym that isn't your regular one FTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebeave

Dec 25, 2007
I'm back home for the holidays right now and I convinced a local gym owner to let me work out for free all week so I guess I shouldn't be complaining too much but it's hard to do everything you're used to doing at a different place.

The equipment kinda sucks at this place too... the rack that held the barbell for their incline bench was sooo far back that it was like doing a barbell pullover to unrack it. I was the biggest guy there by almost 100 pounds and didn't trust anyone to help me unrack it so I just did some high rep stuff, oh well, better than doing nothing :hs:

Tumbles

Oct 30, 2007
San Jose, CA
I'm still getting used to the gym I'm at over the holidays...

I feel like I spend way too much time of my workout wandering around trying to find where various equipment is.

Worst is when benches etc are different heights than you are used to. Feels weird and awkward at first.

TS
TS

thebeave

Dec 25, 2007
I'm still getting used to the gym I'm at over the holidays...

I feel like I spend way too much time of my workout wandering around trying to find where various equipment is.

Worst is when benches etc are different heights than you are used to. Feels weird and awkward at first.
Yeah that was my biggest gripe today... flat bench was fine, decline bench was fine, but incline I could barely unrack a weight I could do for at least 15 reps because of how far back it was :hs:

TXLBS

Aug 25, 2004
Houston, Tx
tell me about it.

my job has me travelling to about 8 different cities, in 2 states for 2 weeks out of the month, then the other im home in houston.

i really need a new job.

Rumbaar

Inherent Omniscience
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
That is why I try to get to at least 2-3 other gyms. I know for a while I got stuck in the same routine at my regular. Which I think your body gets used too. When I went to alter gyms and had to shift up my routine to match the new equipment it helped with my over lifting. I had to use slightly different ways of doing things that hit muscles differently.

But it sure sucks when they have shitter equipment. Special when my regular is free and these are gyms people pay to use.

KIDRR

Duck dog>*
Nov 1, 2004
North Mexico
Yeah that was my biggest gripe today... flat bench was fine, decline bench was fine, but incline I could barely unrack a weight I could do for at least 15 reps because of how far back it was :hs:

That's how it was at the Golds in Vegas I trained at for a few days. Supposedly Jay Cutler trains there and Carrot Top :hsugh:

TS
TS

thebeave

Dec 25, 2007
DBs that go up to 100 FTL
yeah this place only has DBs up to 100 :hs:

I thought my gym back home was bad going up to 120. I like DB shrugs a lot better than BB shrugs but the 120s don't provide enough resistance...

mandrew

Aug 25, 2008
S.F.
actually I kind of prefer it... it's nice to work in a new setting from time to time, plus my gym has a lot of bad shit about it that I don't encounter at other branches/gyms.

Simplicity

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2003
speaking of gyms... i gotta choose a new one most likely if I change schools..

around me there are

la fitness
ballys
world gym
anytime fitness

anyone have experience with those

ACLdestroyer

OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2003
LA and SEA
Trained at Boise Golds this weekend and the place his SWEET!!!!!

4 Flat benches, 3 Squat Racks, Machines everywhere and tons of fit people. Nice for a change. Awesome protein shake bar too. 1200 calorie oreo protein shake was delicious.

Simplicity

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2003
bally's is whack because that hottie from the commercial is never there.

la fitness is wack because the people are idiots and i hate all the black wanna be personal trainers who walk around with their pecks poking me.

world gym and anytime fitness... never heard of them or been there, but they sound shitty.

the solution is don't work out.

thx

gotta do some more searching then if ur rite

pickedfirst

Jun 24, 2008
I belong to gym with multiple locations so usually when I travel I can find one close by...good thing to consider next time you are choosing a gym

Roasted

Jun 17, 2007
Toronto, Canada
That is why I try to get to at least 2-3 other gyms. I know for a while I got stuck in the same routine at my regular. Which I think your body gets used too. When I went to alter gyms and had to shift up my routine to match the new equipment it helped with my over lifting. I had to use slightly different ways of doing things that hit muscles differently.

But it sure sucks when they have shitter equipment. Special when my regular is free and these are gyms people pay to use.

:werd: There are two gyms relatively close to me that are owned by the same company. I alternate between the two to keep things interesting.

Simplicity

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2003
i think ima check this place called world gym out... they r worldwide i hope its not a noob trap all i need is a good price and some weights

and maybe a tanning bed

and maybe hot bitches

and a bball court

and someone to wipe my sweat for me as I perspire

the normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec