FIT Working out only 3 days a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exxoizzle

Free mustache rides
May 28, 2005
ATL and Ft.Lauderdale
This is the plan im currently pushing(or rather block 1 of it)
Ive seen alot of posts here pushing for more than 3 days training and also saying that 3 is usually used just for maintenance.
Any truth :( ?
1stblock.png

Bragasaurus

Nov 4, 2007
Boston
i wrote out a big e-thug response but i'll hold back for now. 3 days a week is fine, it's what i happen to be doing right now and plenty of other people around the world do it too.

i criticized that particular choice of movements because i think it's stupid and the anonyminity of the internet allows me to shit all over it/you if i so choose.

if you don't like 3 days, add a fourth, or even a fifth, plenty of people do that too. find something that will set you up to achieve your goals and dedicate yourself to it. next question is what are your goals?

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000
Most people here workout more than three times per week because:

1. They're addicted to the gym.
2. They're narrowminded and can't think of any way to compose a routine other than one bodypart per day.

aus-juiced

May 22, 2005
Masturbating on your off days will ensure that you don't lose grip strength, which will translate into gains in all your lifts. Be careful not to confuse the pump in your junk with muscle mass gain. In my experience, it is only temporary.

TS
TS
exxoizzle

exxoizzle

Free mustache rides
May 28, 2005
ATL and Ft.Lauderdale
i wrote out a big e-thug response but i'll hold back for now. 3 days a week is fine, it's what i happen to be doing right now and plenty of other people around the world do it too.

i criticized that particular choice of movements because i think it's stupid and the anonyminity of the internet allows me to shit all over it/you if i so choose.

if you don't like 3 days, add a fourth, or even a fifth, plenty of people do that too. find something that will set you up to achieve your goals and dedicate yourself to it. next question is what are your goals?

Whats wrong with it you think?

TS
TS
exxoizzle

exxoizzle

Free mustache rides
May 28, 2005
ATL and Ft.Lauderdale
Periodization using block structure
(Column refer to volume, arrow refers to intensity)
This is all from Christian Thibaudeau's book(Theory and application of modern strength and power methods)
Each block is 4-3 weeks and focuses on different aspects
17275679.png

82852132.png

BigBlind

There is only one way to become champion; never fu
OT Supporter
May 17, 2007
Asgard
I lift three days a week, and I squat all three of them.

and it's not just for maintenance

Last edited:

apman0000

OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
that routine wouldn't be my 1st choice
if your struggling on coming up with a good routine for 3 days of lifting a week look at the bill star routine etc, cause the routine you listed just doesn't look very good imo

cantankerously

OT Supporter
Apr 15, 2004
South Carolina
Most people here workout more than three times per week because:

1. They're addicted to the gym.
2. They're narrowminded and can't think of any way to compose a routine other than one bodypart per day.

:werd:

I like going to the gym 5-6 days a week because i'm a creature of habit and like the routine.

cantankerously

OT Supporter
Apr 15, 2004
South Carolina
And as far as your routine goes, go for it. Everyone's body is different and responds to exercise in different ways. What works for you may not work for someone else. The best way to find out what routine works best for you is trial and error - try new routines in different ways until you are happy with one. Being healthy and fit is a marathon - not a sprint.

quamen

Nov 14, 2003
I will always truly believe it is not how many days your in the gym, what is being accomplished during your workouts (intensity etc) is what counts.

michael

Florida Man, Esq.
Dec 21, 2001
The ether
i go to the gym more often because it's a better motivator to eat well when I know i'm going to the gym.

my diet gets worse on days I don't lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan