Working This Week Crew: Check In

victor77

Internet Crew
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2011
Internets
Why take PTO when I'm just gonna be sitting at home anyway right? How's work going for you bros?

FML I just had my outlook calendar set to LAST WEEK so I was getting ready for a couple calls and wondering why TF I had so many meetings during the week of Christmas :omg:

Am dumb but they keep paying me. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddy Waters

Phx Cobra

Jul 18, 2006
AZ
Same. Never take off Christmas week because it’s basically free PTO and senior leadership always lets people go at noon on Christmas Eve.

TS
TS
victor77

victor77

Internet Crew
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2011
Internets
Same. Never take off Christmas week because it’s basically free PTO and senior leadership always lets people go at noon on Christmas Eve.

Yep. I even offered to cover on call for a client for the next 2 weeks.... while there is a change freeze and nobody is working.

MZ2215

Yep
Jul 21, 2001
Michigan
Working from home AND my supervisor is OOO until next Tuesday. Wouldn't necessarily call it working, but i'm logged in and getting paid.

Reactions: victor77

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
I let most of my team take time off so I'm covering. About to get serious on my cloud certs though - what approach worked for you to knock so many of the AWS certs out?

Phx Cobra

Jul 18, 2006
AZ
I let most of my team take time off so I'm covering. About to get serious on my cloud certs though - what approach worked for you to knock so many of the AWS certs out?
Interested in this as well, I would like to get some certs around AWS. I don't do much with it under my current job function but have used it plenty in personal stuff and have plans to move a few of our apps to run in the cloud over the next few years.

Reactions: DrK_Mrk_iV

deaddweeb

Gundy, Gunder, Gunthy, Goonter, Günder... GUNTER!
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
Three day work week this week. Supposed to be off the 24th till Jan. 1st (Back Jan 4th). Planning to work triple time 3 days next week, so at least giving myself two four day weekends.

• Wow
Reactions: 12xalt

nine

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2004
so. cal.
high season for my company, but at least the regular meetings have stopped and i'll be off after christmas.

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
I took MTW off cause fuck working. Idgaf I have like 160 hours to use.

Gixxer

OT Supporter
May 29, 2004
Gig Harbor, Washington
working 3 10's this week and next.
Think I will work 10's this week and 8's next week with a few hours from home as needed.
If its slow I might just WFH next week :dunno:

DaZ

System 9 And The 7 Dwarfs
OT Supporter
Aug 12, 2004
MA
Why take PTO when I'm just gonna be sitting at home anyway right? How's work going for you bros?

FML I just had my outlook calendar set to LAST WEEK so I was getting ready for a couple calls and wondering why TF I had so many meetings during the week of Christmas :omg:

Am dumb but they keep paying me. :cool:
I work for the state I always have to work the eve of every major holiday it fucking sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan