FIT Workout routine and food that I eat, suggestions? v.9 months in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanya

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2005
First off, Ibwalloftext

So I started going to the gym 9 months ago (beginning/mid april I think), long story short I need to gain strength for work.

I'm 6'4" and when I started going to the gym I was 135lbs. Currently I am at 160 or so lbs for again of about 25lbs in 9 months. Is that good or am I slacking somewhere? Anyway. No current pics, but I carry almost no body fat. I can see my abs, obliques, ribs, stuff like that.

I basically have a 4 day routine, I use to go 5-6 days a week but now that I'm lifting heavier I seem to not recover quite as quick and I went from a 24 hours gym to one that has set hours so I can only work out M-F basically, there is Sat/Sun hours but I just can't usually make it due to I usually work during the hours they are open.

I timed my chest day today and it was 2 hours 20 min, this is I think my longest day.

Food I eat.

I'm a hard gainer or just have never eaten enough food. I am for 3-4k calories but not really sure what I actually get. Food is probably my biggest category to work on but I'm so sick of eating, I'm constantly full and shitty feeling cause I'm constantly trying to stuff myself with food.

Breakfast: yogurt, granola, sometimes with fruit. protein shake, 2 scoops, 2 eggs, whole milk
Lunch: sandwich of some sort, tuna or pb&j, protein shake, 2 scoops, 2 eggs, whole milk
super pump before gym
size on during work out
immediately after workout I eat a banana, protein bar (200 cal, 19 grams protein) and a protein shake, 2 scoops w/water
soon after that or relatively soon I try to eat a fish sandwich from checkers and a chicken sandwich from burger king on the days that I work out since I'm in town, days I don't work out I don't get those
supper is some sort of sandwich and some pasta maybe
I try to get a 2nd protein bar in too which is 400 cal, 30 grams protein but I'm so sick of eating them I sometimes don't. I'm better at eating them on days I don't work out since I'm not in town to get fast food.

Weights/reps are current, I'm always trying for 5 more lbs or 1 more rep. I usually go with a 10 rep max and then go up weight on the next set. Anything I can take to failure I do every time, stuff that sucks to fail on I don't push as hard ie squats, barbell bench

Mon: Legs
Squat: 5 sets, increasing weight up to 10 reps. Last leg day was [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Leg press: 5 sets
Leg extension: 5 sets
Leg curl: 5 sets
Sitting calf raises: 5 sets
Walking lunges: 5 sets, last time was 4 sets w/55 dumbbells, 1 set with 60s

Tues: Chest/Tri
Flat Bench: 5 sets, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Incline bench: 5 sets, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Decline bench: 5 sets, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Flat dumbbell: 5 sets, 55lbs, 4-5 reps
incline dumbbell: 5 sets, 45lbs, 4-7 reps
decline dumbbell: 5 sets, 50lbs, 3-6 reps
flat dumbbell flys: 4 sets, 20lbs, 5-7 reps
decline dumbbell flys: 4 sets, 20lbs, 5-6 reps
behind the head tri extension: 4 sets, 45lb dumbbell, 4-7 reps
tri cable push down: 4 sets
skull crushers: 4 sets, 20lb dumbbell
tri dips off a bench, feet on a box, 4 sets w/ 25lb plate, 8-10 reps

Wends: Back/Bi
Wide grip pull ups for warm up, 3-4 sets, 3-5 reps
sumo deadlift: 5 sets, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] I've pulled 315 for 1 one time when I wasn't on back day and was fresh
bent over barbell rows: 5 sets, 8-12 reps
back machine with the 2 handle positions (not sure what its called) 5 sets on each hand position
wide grip pull downs: 5 sets, 8-10 reps
sit down row machine: 5 sets, 8-10 reps
bi curls: 5 sets 8-10 per arm (half are clean, half are cheat reps for the negative)
hammer curls: 5 sets, similar to above
more curls, not sure what they are called, different position though: 5 sets
straight bar curls: 5 sets

Thurs: abs/shoulders
lots of different ab/oblique exercises, not sure what any of them are called so not going to try to list them, I do about an hour and half on abs/obliques
Shoulders:
arnold presses: 5 sets, 30lb dumbbells
dumbbell flys for rear shoulder: 5 sets
dumbell flys for front/side shoulder; 5 sets
some cable thing that hits shoulders/traps: 5 sets, 10reps underhand, 10 reps overhand per set
barbell shrugs: 5 sets
dumbbell shrugs: 5 sets

Any suggestions would be cool. I'm hungry again, time to get my fish sandwich.

fatcow

Dec 27, 2007
Denver
delete post, read stickies, make new post if you're still unsure of anything

and lol @ chest volume

The Method

Lurker In Progress
Jan 20, 2003
Saint Louis
You're overtraining when you are in the gym. It's obvious you are motivated but haven't done your homework for shit.

Read the stickies. Follow a simple routine - not the ridiculous shit you have posted above.

Eat clean (again, more in the stickies), eat a lot, sleep 8 hours a night. Keep it simple.

Don't expect real results for at least a year, and don't be too fucking proud of yourself if you think you've seen some - it's a lifestyle that can take years before a total transformation takes place, not a fad diet.

TS
TS
Fanya

Fanya

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2005
ive read the stickies.

i figured pur's excersizes plus more would go with the more is better concept. all the numbers are just current lifts, my basic concept is no more than 10 reps, if more add weight

if im over training what should i cut? just go to pur's plan? just doesnt seem enough

as far as food that sticky hurts my head, i took from it, eat more than you burn, eat at least 2x your body weight in protein or more

and yes, 90min on abs and obliques, i want abs strippers can do lines of blow off of one day

oh and i get 9-12 hours of sleep a day plus a nap 2-4x a week

drickz

chunkin the deuce
Aug 10, 2004
Irvine, CA
lol that's a fuck load of volume. if you put on 25lbs and still carry no fat then why not just stick with what you're doing.

LordInfamous

OT Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
Cleveland
I'm no expert myself by any means but it seems like you're doing way too much volume and not enough weight, for example look at your chest/tri day. You don't need to do all those different exercises on the same day, and you don't need to do 5 sets of everything either. Instead try for more weight.

grimstone

magic murda bag
OT Supporter
Sep 28, 2004
atx
if its working dont stop. the volume looks high so what if your are making progress keep doing it until it stops

TS
TS
Fanya

Fanya

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2005
when you guys say volume does that mean reps, sets, number of excersizes or as a general whole?

TS
TS
Fanya

Fanya

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2005
this cannot be emphasized enough.

i guess but maybe my point is this, 9 months is 36 weeks, thats less than a pound a week while technically under newb gains and bulking, granted i lost 8-9lbs when i was on vacation for a month but are these acceptable gains considering the conditions

Uncle Lee

I had it first, faggot.
Apr 9, 2009
i guess but maybe my point is this, 9 months is 36 weeks, thats less than a pound a week while technically under newb gains and bulking, granted i lost 8-9lbs when i was on vacation for a month but are these acceptable gains considering the conditions
god dammit shut the fuck up. 25lbs in 36 weeks is the best you will EVER see outside of steroids.

TS
TS
Fanya

Fanya

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2005
god dammit shut the fuck up. 25lbs in 36 weeks is the best you will EVER see outside of steroids.

umad?

i ask cause i dont know. im 29 and the last time i was in a gym was in high in the 10th grade because it was required. i swear i see threads here about people bulking with goals of 1-2lbs a week, heance the above question

Uncle Lee

I had it first, faggot.
Apr 9, 2009
umad?

i ask cause i dont know. im 29 and the last time i was in a gym was in high in the 10th grade because it was required. i swear i see threads here about people bulking with goals of 1-2lbs a week, heance the above question

you're either lying about reading the stickies and then saying something like that or you're just too stupid to comprehend what they say. either way, stop posting.

TS
TS
Fanya

Fanya

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2005
you're either lying about reading the stickies and then saying something like that or you're just too stupid to comprehend what they say. either way, stop posting.

pretty sure no where in the stickies does it say what i should expect to gain during bulking

maybe the 1-2 lbs a week was cutting, fuck if i know

im just a monkey lifting tiny heavy to me weights repeatily till something happens

smb is me

May 21, 2008
you could gain 1-2lbs per weak, but anything over what you are already gaining would probably just be fat.

LordInfamous

OT Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
Cleveland
when you guys say volume does that mean reps, sets, number of excersizes or as a general whole?

Well I wouldn't do more than like 8 reps of anything on any set, I probably wouldn't do more than 3 sets of anything (unless you're doing a 5x5 or something), and I wouldn't do more than like 3 sets per muscle group. So to answer you're question, all of the above. Then again I've never had gains like yours so if it's working just keep on keeping on, sounds like you're doing great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan