TS
Vermincelli

Vermincelli

Banned
Oct 11, 2004
GET OFF MY LAWN!
wtf is this?

WWII tank FPS

start out with the basic tanks, as you earn points you upgrade the tanks and then get to upgrade to a better tank.

You also can get Tank destroyers and artillery.

when you hit the "battle" button, you are sent into a server that's 16 vs 16. 10 minutes to either kill the other team or capture their base.

If you die, you can log out of the battle but your tank stays in that server til it's over and you gain points for it, so you don't have to sit around waiting for the match to end, you can hop onto another of your tanks and go right into another match.

Game itself is free. How they are doing it is if you want to have a premium account (gives you a bonus to exp. and points) you can buy gold any time you want. You don't need gold to play though.

Last edited:
TS
TS
Vermincelli

Vermincelli

Banned
Oct 11, 2004
GET OFF MY LAWN!
right now they have the US, German and Russian tanks with the 16v16 matches but soon they are going to open up the persistant world map so you can run a constant battle as well.

TS
TS
Vermincelli

Vermincelli

Banned
Oct 11, 2004
GET OFF MY LAWN!
I uninstalled a few months ago. It just got too stale.

I thought it was boring at first until I realized that as soon as you get killed, you can log out of that match and still earn all the points.

Then I just hopped over to the next tank and played with that so there's no having to just sit and watch the match finish.

Now I'm running 14 vehicles, fucking thing's gotten addictive.

TS
TS
Vermincelli

Vermincelli

Banned
Oct 11, 2004
GET OFF MY LAWN!
looks cool. any screenshots?

don't have any personally but the images on the net are all ingame shots.

World-of-Tanks_1.jpg

big ones

69675_WorldOfTanks-01.jpg

69130_WorldOfTanks-03_normal.jpg

TS
TS
Vermincelli

Vermincelli

Banned
Oct 11, 2004
GET OFF MY LAWN!
how much gold have you spent? :o

I forked out $29 bucks to help the game out when it went live. Ran beta for awhile and they've been busting ass to get it out.

Learned not to buy the premium tanks, just used the gold to buy garage slots and for converting experience over from elite vehicles to use elsewhere.

only time I switch it over to a premium acct. is when they do some special event like last weekend where the exp for the first win of the day was 5x instead of 2x. Then I'll go ahead and get a 3day premium to get the little extra bonus. Rest of the time I just play it on the free settings.

going rate for gold now...

$ 99.95 25000
$ 49.95 12000
$ 29.95 6500
$ 14.95 3000
$ 6.95 1250

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan