would you consider attending a wedding right now? v.COVID-19

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
my brother is getting married next week and i expect less than 30 people will be there. i told my mom that i wasn't going and she understood....but my dad is losing his shit because i don't want to go.

his first venue cancelled on them and they absolutely refused to reschedule the date and instead scrambled to find the first place that would let them rent it.

i just think it's selfish to have events like that right now, but maybe i'm wrong :dunno:

Jumpem

Oct 9, 2002
Your brother and his fiancé can get married with just the two of them and an officiant.

They can have a big reception in a year when this has blown over.

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
No, but don't care for weddings. I'm not going to risk my health for something I don't care for doing. Your family should understand, if not call them and fake cough and say you will try to be there if your fever goes down.

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
waste of time unless everyone gets tested and 100% fully quarantines until the date of the wedding, and manages to completely avoid contact with anyone while traveling, what's the point
Or get tested the day before, in SF you can get results within 24 hours

everyone means everyone

Am I taking crazy pills??

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Or get tested the day before, in SF you can get results within 24 hours

everyone means everyone

Am I taking crazy pills??
but if they weren't quarantined up until the point that they got tested, and caught it a day before but it hasn't reached the incubation period where it shows in the test/you can infect others, they would have a negative test result despite having covid-19

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
there are a million ways for that not to work and about 3 where it could in a perfect world

going to a mass gathering of any type, but particularly one with tens of different households presumably from multiple states across the country, is irresponsible and unnecessarily dangerous at this time...full stop

phatguy88

OT Supporter
Nov 8, 2005
boston
my brother is getting married next week and i expect less than 30 people will be there. i told my mom that i wasn't going and she understood....but my dad is losing his shit because i don't want to go.

his first venue cancelled on them and they absolutely refused to reschedule the date and instead scrambled to find the first place that would let them rent it.

i just think it's selfish to have events like that right now, but maybe i'm wrong :dunno:
No way. If it were three months ago sure. My venue cancelled so I had a microwedding this past october when rates were < 1%. Now they are 7%. I'm sure its >20 where you are now

Are people getting covid tested first, and masks required the entire time (except while eating, in an outdoor venue) ? That's what we did

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026