TS
TS

Wobistdu

even my 35 1.8 is slightly backfocusing

70-200 is spot on though

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
Weird...the, "Focus Here" looks spot-on but then looking at the side it looks like roughly 10mm is the sharpest.

TS
TS

Wobistdu

yeah that is weird, yet the sentence on the left and right are fuzzy

oh well i'll let tamron work their magic. should be a free recalibration

TS
TS

Wobistdu

alrighty then all warranty work prepped. i'll give OTAP the summary on how quick they turn around and their quality of work

ov3n

Aug 20, 2002
alrighty then all warranty work prepped. i'll give OTAP the summary on how quick they turn around and their quality of work

Mine was 2 weeks. Sent it in for dust behind the front element and the repair invoice said they also tightened up the front plastic trim and recalibrated it.

TS
TS

Wobistdu

Mine was 2 weeks. Sent it in for dust behind the front element and the repair invoice said they also tightened up the front plastic trim and recalibrated it.

good i leave for iceland in 6. will prolly use the 17-50 90% of the time, but this will also go. 70-200 is way too big for travel

when i get back may consider sending the 35 in, even though that always seemed sharp :dunno:

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
Retest your 18-270, at 18mm it'll be different than 270mm.

Not different enough to show up in real world shooting, but different enough to measurbators to complain.

Cesium

OT Supporter
Nov 25, 2004
Colorado

Not different enough to show up in real world shooting, but different enough to measurbators to complain.

This. I bet it goes the other direction at the other end of the focal range. Pretty normal for lenses with large zooms, really.

This thread reminds me of POTN.

EWhytsell

Jun 16, 2008
Center the focus on the words "this text should be in focus" when using a wider lens. The center of your examples is sharper than that area of text, thus skewing your results a little. I bet the focus is at least good enough if you do this.

TS
TS

Wobistdu

This. I bet it goes the other direction at the other end of the focal range. Pretty normal for lenses with large zooms, really.

This thread reminds me of POTN.

i first tried it hand held at a shorter range... still backfocusing

this is really only supporting real world soft pics. i wouldn't waste the time or money if it was just a paper test that was fucked up

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
this is really only supporting real world soft pics. i wouldn't waste the time or money if it was just a paper test that was fucked up
You seemed to like the lens until someone else thought it was soft. :dunno:

Cesium

OT Supporter
Nov 25, 2004
Colorado
i first tried it hand held at a shorter range... still backfocusing

Sounds like off to Tamron it goes then. :hs:

TS
TS

Wobistdu

You seemed to like the lens until someone else thought it was soft. :dunno:

correct but it's also my least used lens. i'm not a pixel peeper and usually view 99% of shit on my computer at 1024. i'd rather know now then come back from a trip wondering wtf the problem was.

also checking flickr... people are getting MUCH sharper results from this lens than i am

Sounds like off to Tamron it goes then. :hs:

yeah i won't miss it. i hope it comes back better :bigthumb:

TS
TS

Wobistdu

how well does focus adjust work? is it as good as having the lens fixed?

and does it detect the lens and shift focus profile for just that lens?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor