Would you support free education and healthcare for people under 18?

CommanderFish

OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2011
South Jersey
Basically progressive movements are aiming to invest in early intervention (free pre-k and childcare until an adult as needed) and free healthcare for non-adults(healthcare debt leads to crime and many other issues). Would you believe these could be issues that could get bipartisan support?

The alternative instead of investing into fixing problems before they begin is putting more money into law enforcement and prisons to mop up the issues later in life. Where should we invest more attention?

I'm pitching this "middle of the road" solution for a more attainable start to fixing what's wrong in the. US. Most conservatives will flat-out deny we should be giving a free ride to adults, but I believe there is a path to more support by focusing on youth.

melroy

wonderin how many people ITT have been meditating
Apr 1, 2018
It's not all about putting everyone into academia, as I know that's a fear for many.
the skilled trades are still desperately undermanned, and have been so for most of a generation now. The demand is there but there's nearly no pool to hire from. Mechanics, plumbers, electricians, machinists, etc. Jobs that keep the world running, and perfectly viable careers.
No reason that k-12 can't help address this just as much as computer janitor and pencil pushing jobs.
Okay? Who is saying trade schools can’t get a cut.

Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

melroy

wonderin how many people ITT have been meditating
Apr 1, 2018
Btw some level of it should be free for everyone who lives here

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
I don’t see how people have an issue with investing in education for young Americans.

investing in your own people to have a better life is a positive for EVERYONE.

how is that a debate.
Watch the poll/thread see who does not agree and I guarantee you they won’t be the intellectual heavyweights of OT

Reactions: wait*what

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman