WoW Crew: Yes, we're still playing this game

Boomdart

OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2005
May I ask advice randomly out of nowhere?

Played until WotLK, got back on a month or two ago.

I got a blood elf rogue, got it to level 58 I think maybe 61? I'm stuck where the quests are painfully unrewarding and beneath me but I have to do them to progress but I was trying to hurry and get to 70 to play with my friends.

The dungeons are hard. I tried them and failed and wasted the very little time I have.

How can I be better as a rogue in a random lfg dungeon? Is it possible I put out too much damage and pull aggro and get myself killed, causing everyone else to die because the healer is trying to keep my dumb ass alive? Or is there another reason I pull aggro by accident?

omitted rants
I can't seem to get the time to play. But some buddies at work want me to play with them and I was like cool sure.

because I was always a rogue and I'm only one name I can't be other things and I can't make up another name to even try. So I'm obviously boomdart there and anywhere else. Sometimes I get a game to sign my name on it just so someone else can't use it. Don't even know the game or what it is but can't have other mes running around now can we. I'm working on getting boomdart.com right now.

Too hard. I think I'm the reason I haven't been in a team that can get past the first set of bosses. We barely get through the little guys. I played with my friend from work and I did really well, my dps was better than his sometimes. But in a pug dungeon its just fail after fail and after a while you're like I can't waste time doing this and I don't want to quest so I can't play. I quested a lot I think I did at least 500 or 600 to get there. Did it quite easily had a lot of fun doing it.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California

I got a blood elf rogue, got it to level 58 I think maybe 61? I'm stuck where the quests are painfully unrewarding and beneath me but I have to do them to progress but I was trying to hurry and get to 70 to play with my friends.

The dungeons are hard. I tried them and failed and wasted the very little time I have.

How can I be better as a rogue in a random lfg dungeon? Is it possible I put out too much damage and pull aggro and get myself killed, causing everyone else to die because the healer is trying to keep my dumb ass alive? Or is there another reason I pull aggro by accident?

omitted rants
I can't seem to get the time to play. But some buddies at work want me to play with them and I was like cool sure.

because I was always a rogue and I'm only one name I can't be other things and I can't make up another name to even try. So I'm obviously boomdart there and anywhere else. Sometimes I get a game to sign my name on it just so someone else can't use it. Don't even know the game or what it is but can't have other mes running around now can we. I'm working on getting boomdart.com right now.

Too hard. I think I'm the reason I haven't been in a team that can get past the first set of bosses. We barely get through the little guys. I played with my friend from work and I did really well, my dps was better than his sometimes. But in a pug dungeon its just fail after fail and after a while you're like I can't waste time doing this and I don't want to quest so I can't play. I quested a lot I think I did at least 500 or 600 to get there. Did it quite easily had a lot of fun doing it.
If you're doing BFA dungeons, that's your problem. They're scaled so weird that they're unreasonably difficult.

Talk to chromie and switch to shadow lands dungeons

Reactions: Jinx and Boomdart

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC

omitted rants

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Dec 17, 2001
California
Also since leveling dungeons are level scaled, you may be grouped up at 58 with some level 14 tank who doesn't have their whole toolkit yet

Boomdart

OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2005
If you're doing BFA dungeons, that's your problem. They're scaled so weird that they're unreasonably difficult.

Talk to chromie and switch to shadow lands dungeons

That makes total sense. Every time it seems everything was going meh and then out of nowhere everyone drops like flies.

I'll take that advice, thank you!

Reactions: Jinx
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Dec 17, 2001
California
That makes total sense. Every time it seems everything was going meh and then out of nowhere everyone drops like flies.

I'll take that advice, thank you!
According to the article you gotta have one 60 at least. I didn't know that, since I've always had them

Boomdart

OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2005

I remember seeing that and wondering how it would be used. Would you just go ahead and use it every time it ticks? Is that the term still used for when the timer is up?

That's a lot of reading. I'll get to it.

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
I remember seeing that and wondering how it would be used. Would you just go ahead and use it every time it ticks? Is that the term still used for when the timer is up?

That's a lot of reading. I'll get to it.
#showtooltip Tricks of the Trade
/cast [target=focus] Tricks of the Trade

use that macro and set your focus to the tank. basically use tricks before every pack if its off CD.

Reactions: Boomdart

Boomdart

OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2005
According to the article you gotta have one 60 at least. I didn't know that, since I've always had them
My main was at top level when I stopped playing, it's on a different server, but now his level is in the 30's I think?

I'll just have to tough it out with the quests until 60 I suppose, not so bad I guess. It's not that far, I'm at least 58.

perfekt

OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2003
Gilbert, AZ
Wife and I hit 70 today. Leveling story was interesting but it seemed fast. Annoyed with profession leveling, forced to using crafting orders to get to 100. At 66 leather working and went amour kits for income but damn if they aren’t selling for less than the mats cost. Don’t have enough skill points to maximize material returns and multicraft. Bit of a let down, I feel like I should have just gone armor for myself but you can’t reset points spent. ☹️

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
Wife and I hit 70 today. Leveling story was interesting but it seemed fast. Annoyed with profession leveling, forced to using crafting orders to get to 100. At 66 leather working and went amour kits for income but damn if they aren’t selling for less than the mats cost. Don’t have enough skill points to maximize material returns and multicraft. Bit of a let down, I feel like I should have just gone armor for myself but you can’t reset points spent. ☹️
crafting is definitely awkward as a casual, people who have been going full tilt since day one can basically craft better and cheaper :(

Blingin

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2003
STL
Ran a normal VOIC with my guild on their alt run, few mains showed up but mostly alts.
I know Arms Warriors are the absolute worst DPS right now but jesus I sucked.
full clear in like 90 minutes atleast :hsd:

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
Ran a normal VOIC with my guild on their alt run, few mains showed up but mostly alts.
I know Arms Warriors are the absolute worst DPS right now but jesus I sucked.
full clear in like 90 minutes atleast :hsd:
Arms is great in single target. Perfect for Terros.

Swap to Fury for the rest. (Arms would be ok on Spider too)

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
    Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    olegarchy