FIT WTF? My legs arent getting sore anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

burritosupreme

Suck on this!
Oct 19, 2009
Bay Area
Heres the background. I never did legs for a while because it was just too damn hard. Im talking about years off but i also took 3-4 years off lifting also.

I started working out for about a year without doing legs and my upper body blew up (30 lbs+ weight gain easily/muscle memory). But that came with a price by not doing leg.. my knees started hurting and i felt uneven/weak from waist down.

The first 2 months of doing legs, i could barely walk the next 2-3 days and my squats have been improving drastically.. i also have no more knee pain. However, now i don't get nearly as sore afterwards and recover a lot faster. Whats the deal?

My routine:

Squats: 10x4 + 1 warm up (15x1)
Leg press: 12x3
Quad machine curls: 10x3
Machine kickbacks: 10x3

Uncle Lee

I had it first, faggot.
Apr 9, 2009
I don't know how many times it needs to be repeated but I guess it's once more..

BEING SORE DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAD A BETTER WORKOUT THAN WHEN YOU WEREN'T SORE.

Fuck.

eljefedetonto

Aug 4, 2006
STL, MO/AAR, DK
Heres the background. I never did legs for a while because it was just too damn hard. Im talking about years off but i also took 3-4 years off lifting also.

I started working out for about a year without doing legs and my upper body blew up (30 lbs+ weight gain easily/muscle memory). But that came with a price by not doing leg.. my knees started hurting and i felt uneven/weak from waist down.

The first 2 months of doing legs, i could barely walk the next 2-3 days and my squats have been improving drastically.. i also have no more knee pain. However, now i don't get nearly as sore afterwards and recover a lot faster. Whats the deal?

My routine:

Squats: 10x4 + 1 warm up (15x1)
Leg press: 12x3
Quad machine curls: 10x3
Machine kickbacks: 10x3

well what's the fucking problem

elduderino323

Banned
Oct 24, 2007
Chicago, IL
i did a half hour of leg stretching yesterday and it feels like my muscles are going to snap today worse than any pains after squating, and i gave myself blueballs somehow.

TS
TS
burritosupreme

burritosupreme

Suck on this!
Oct 19, 2009
Bay Area
I don't know how many times it needs to be repeated but I guess it's once more..

BEING SORE DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAD A BETTER WORKOUT THAN WHEN YOU WEREN'T SORE.

Fuck.
I never heard that before. I always thought your tear up your muscles and the more its sore, the more it needs to recover/rebuild.. and that is how you get new muscle fibers.

CottonTowels

May 17, 2010
Canada
I never heard that before. I always thought your tear up your muscles and the more its sore, the more it needs to recover/rebuild.. and that is how you get new muscle fibers.

The body becomes conditioned to the process of the muscles breaking down and will be more efficient at recovery.

smb is me

May 21, 2008

why are you :ugh:

this is the EXACT SAME THING that 99% every one thinks when they first start lifting.

But yes, muscles grow by a process of tearing them down and then having them recover bigger and stronger. However, the soreness is just the build up of lactic acid in the muscles.

You could be sore everyday and not make much progress. You could never be sore and make great progress. You could never be sore and not make any progress. You could be sore every day and make great progress.

So you see, there is no correlation between being sore and making progress.

smb is me

May 21, 2008
lactic acid has nothing to do with soreness

wait, since when. DAMN YOU HIGHSCHOOL HEALTH CLASS.

and it would appear, good sir, that google agrees with you.

aside from being wrong on that point, i still stand by the rest of my post.

Uncle Lee

I had it first, faggot.
Apr 9, 2009
why are you :ugh:

this is the EXACT SAME THING that 99% every one thinks when they first start lifting.

But yes, muscles grow by a process of tearing them down and then having them recover bigger and stronger. However, the soreness is just the build up of lactic acid in the muscles.

You could be sore everyday and not make much progress. You could never be sore and make great progress. You could never be sore and not make any progress. You could be sore every day and make great progress.

So you see, there is no correlation between being sore and making progress.
I :ugh: because a 3 second search on any god damn website would tell him he's wrong. And if some one is too lazy to search they are probably too lazy to make progress

TS
TS
burritosupreme

burritosupreme

Suck on this!
Oct 19, 2009
Bay Area
I :ugh: because a 3 second search on any god damn website would tell him he's wrong. And if some one is too lazy to search they are probably too lazy to make progress
I don't get the 'search' option because I have a free account here and I don't know of any other websites. :wtc:

apman0000

OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
when you say you don't get sore anymore

do you mean you feel absolutely no soreness at all after lifting legs? if so you probably just need to raise the intensity of the workouts and switch up your routine a bit cause you're handling your current routine too easily and aren't causing as much growth

or do you mean that it just isn't sore as shit making it hard to get out of a chair the next day sore, cause that stops being the case for the most part after the first 6 months or so of continued lifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor