GAME XBox360 Crew: How much $$$ have you put into it?

TS
TS
Leah

Leah

OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2006
Oz
How likely is it to find someone in my city who can fix it cheaply versus sending it off to Microsoft? There are nerds all over who can do this shit, right? And I have another of the old ones that has something different wrong with it, perhaps they can take it and put them together and make it work.

HipHopHead

My flow spill like using the wrong end of a funnel
Jul 18, 2001
Minnesota
1st one died (rrod)
2nd one was stolen
currently on my 3rd although the DVD drive and the RF sensor (ring of light part) both shit the bed but I fixed them myself.

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
my launch worked great up until 7 months ago
tried to fix it with some new thermal paste, didn't work
ended up buying one off an OTer for 100 bucks

HipHopHead

My flow spill like using the wrong end of a funnel
Jul 18, 2001
Minnesota
How likely is it to find someone in my city who can fix it cheaply versus sending it off to Microsoft? There are nerds all over who can do this shit, right? And I have another of the old ones that has something different wrong with it, perhaps they can take it and put them together and make it work.

yeah but all those fixes are temporary. It will eventually fail, could be weeks or months but it will.

TS
TS
Leah

Leah

OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2006
Oz
yeah but all those fixes are temporary. It will eventually fail, could be weeks or months but it will.
Goddamn them. I don't know why it pisses me off so much, I honestly don't even play that often but my husband does and I was really looking forward to getting a Kinect. Now I have to buy a whole fucking new system because there's no way we're going without. FUCK being addicted to a shitty product.

percent

deluded
Jan 5, 2004
The Desert West
My roommate's launch console gave up a little over a year ago. It never RRODed, but generally sucked and started freezing all the time. I bought a 120gb elite to replace it. Havn't had any problems with it.

Radicus

Jul 5, 2005
Free State
I recently got the "open tray" error. But I found a place that will replace the drive for $60 with a 90 day warranty. :bowdown:

TS
TS
Leah

Leah

OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2006
Oz
I recently got the "open tray" error. But I found a place that will replace the drive for $60 with a 90 day warranty. :bowdown:
:eek3: That's what happened to ours...made a bunch of crazy clicky sounds, tore the fuck out of a game too.

Bbrrrrraaappp

Aug 3, 2006
SoCal
on my second one. had the first one for ~3 years, it e74'd over the holidays, haven't bothered getting it fixed.
E74 is a hard drive error. I just bought a used hd from game stop and it fixed the problem.

That was after my xbox bounced off of the concrete from a ~3 foot fall. Never had a problem with it after that. Sold it to a friend and it's still going strong. It's 3 years old now.

Twinsen

Resident Negro
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
E74 is a hard drive error. I just bought a used hd from game stop and it fixed the problem.

That was after my xbox bounced off of the concrete from a ~3 foot fall. Never had a problem with it after that. Sold it to a friend and it's still going strong. It's 3 years old now.
e74 is not hard drive related. You're thinking of e68.

ITR06

Dec 2, 2004
vancouver bc
$400 bran new RROD
Bought an arcade 1.5 years ago $199 sounds like a garbage disposal
Just about a 250gb slim for $150

Fucking $800 for a console lol

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan