GUN "You break in my house,you're gonna get that"

1979TA

OT Supporter
Oct 19, 2003
Copperhead Road
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A Columbus homeowner said he was sending a message to all would-be criminals when he shot at three armed men who invaded his Northeast Side home Friday morning.

NBC 4's Patrick Preston reported with the bottomline.

Police were called to the 3000 block of Maize Road close to 6 a.m.

Jack, who did not want to be fully identified, said he was asleep when his 84-year-old mother-in-law, who suffers from Alzheimer's, opened the door for the three men.

After pushing her to the ground, one of the men kicked open the door to Jack's bedroom and demanded to know where he kept his money.

"I said, 'It's in my slippers,' " Jack said.

As the men searched, Jack fired one shot from the .40-caliber firearm he keeps beside his bed.

"When the guy bent down, I already had my hand on the gun, and I reached up and fired at him," Jack said. "He turned to run, and I just shot again."

The three men fled, but Jack believes his second shot hit one of them.

Columbus Police Sgt. Gary Householder said the three armed suspects pleaded with the mother-in-law to help them warm up from the cold weather.

He was angry the men would take advantage of his mother-in-law then try to hurt his family.

"If somebody's going to hurt me, I'm going to hurt them. You break in my house, and you're going to get that," he said.

Police notified local hospitals to alert them if a gunshot-wound victim were to arrive. Detectives were following up on one patient at Grant Medical Center who checked himself in with a gunshot wound and might match the description of the suspects.

Police took him into custody and then had to release him. They will check evidence found at the scene against blood.

"I would suggest that if you don't know who's outside knocking at your door, don't open it. Don't answer it," Householder said.

"I just hope that people learn from this that you cannot do that because you will pay," Jack said.

http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/crime_watch.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2008-12-12-0003.html

Joe_Cool

Judge Judy and Executioner
OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
Hell yes.

This makes me say "America, Fuck yeah!" with not even the merest trace of sarcasm. :bowdown:

[DWI]

Master of Nothing
Aug 6, 2000
Maine
Here is a question, since he was in his bedroom and his hand was one the gun as the gun was bending down and the gun was kept next to the bed, not to mention it was 6 AM. I am going to assume that he was in bed. So I have to ask one of two questions, either how bad of a shot is he or where does he keep his slippers?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan