ENT You ever watch a movie and think it’s great, then watch it again years later and think it sucks?

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011

Happened to me with that movie. First time I was like “this is great”. Recommended it to a bunch of people over the years. Then watched it again a couple months ago and it just wasn’t good. People probably think I have bad taste now

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Boondock Saints

Loved that fucking movie when it came out.

Watched it again this year and aside from some laughs with Willem I was struggling to make it through.

Still find it funny that people thought the director was going to be "the next Tarantino" after that came out.

:rofl: @Sphygmo

Reactions: Nikuk and Mperor

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Boondock Saints

Loved that fucking movie when it came out.

Watched it again this year and aside from some laughs with Willem I was struggling to make it through.

Still find it funny that people thought the director was going to be "the next Tarantino" after that came out.

:rofl: @Sphygmo
My friend was hyping it up soo much

Dude this is the best movie ever, etc

When it was over i just gave him the ol
tenor.gif

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
I'm gonna go with explorers

Obv loved it as a kid and the first act is still rly strong but it goes off the rails so hard by the finish

Reactions: thumpr and daviid

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I'm gonna go with explorers

Obv loved it as a kid and the first act is still rly strong but it goes off the rails so hard by the finish
I mean if we're going with kids movies then Flight of the Navigator is amazing right up until Max downloads Davey's brain and goes full PeeWee Herman.

I mean, I get that they hired Paul Reubens specifically for that purpose, but as an adult it really takes you out of the movie. :o

Reactions: daviid

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
I mean if we're going with kids movies then Flight of the Navigator is amazing right up until Max downloads Davey's brain and goes full PeeWee Herman.

I mean, I get that they hired Paul Reubens specifically for that purpose, but as an adult it really takes you out of the movie. :o
That's one I haven't seen since I was a kid :o

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
The Last Starfighter felt similar iirc
I'm normally against remakes of 80s properties, but that's one where I'd make an exception. As long as it was done by a serious fan of the original movie who sticks with the spirit of the original rather than doing the standard "take an 80s action comedy and make it grimdark in the remake" bullshit. :o

Reactions: chornelium

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman