Your package was left near the front door or porch.

Wolf

devastatingly foppish
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA

Delivered January 22​

The fuck it was.

--------------

OK, looks like the delivery status may have been updated too soon.
The good news is it should arrive soon. Give us until end of day Tuesday, Jan 24.

How does "we left it by your front door" equate to "status updated too soon"???
What is the basis for your belief that the package "should arrive soon", when all your tracking says "package has been delivered"?

I have checked the tracking details and I see the carrier pre-scanned the parcel, because of which you received the message as delivered.
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
We certainly did not expect this to happen.

But it happens frequently

Please do not worry.
On checking the details, I see that there is a delay in delivering your order.
The item is with the carrier and it will be delivered to you within 48 hours.
However, 27 January is the maximum time taken for the delivery. You will receive the item before that.
The carrier will deliver the package to you.

Any plans to review/enforce policy so the drivers only scan a package as delivered once they have actually delivered it? Are they trying to improve their metrics or something?

I kindly request you to please wait for 24-48 hours for the delivery.
However, 27 January is the maximum time taken for the delivery. You will receive the item before that.
I am positive that the item will be delivered to you within the next 24-48 hours.
The item is with the carrier and will be delivered to you.

:mad:

• Haha
Reactions: Actvs Dei
TS
TS
Wolf

Wolf

devastatingly foppish
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
So I'm supposed to wait up to 4 more days, with no visibility on the package location because the driver wanted to inflate his delivery metrics by tagging everything as "delivered" days before he actually delivered them?

Why is this allowed behavior?

I assume it's allowed because Amazon is so hard-up for drivers, they let them do whatever.

KGB ate my bread

nͫiͤcͫeͤnͫiͤcͫeͤnͫiͤcͫeͤnͫiͤcͫeͤ
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
So I'm supposed to wait up to 4 more days, with no visibility on the package location because the driver wanted to inflate his delivery metrics by tagging everything as "delivered" days before he actually delivered them?

I assume it's allowed because Amazon is so hard-up for drivers, they let them do whatever.
because everything in America these days is either a hustle or scam

• Angry
Reactions: Wolf
TS
TS
Wolf

Wolf

devastatingly foppish
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Seriously.... the driver didn't just "pre-scan the parcel". He deliberately stated "package was left by front door".
When he hadn't delivered it at all. That's straight lying. Not a little 'oopsie, I accidentally pre-scanned this'.

TS
TS
Wolf

Wolf

devastatingly foppish
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Delivery guy probably pressed the wrong button. I've seen the same thing and have had the package delivered in the end
I've seen it too. And yes, the package usually gets delivered the next day.
But that doesn't mean this behavior should be accepted.

AND... there is nothing in the Amazon FAQs which mention anything about this, or any statements about how a missing package could be the fault of the driver.
They're all... "have you checked around your door and in the bushes? Could someone else in your house have signed for it? Look around some more. Once 24hrs have passed THEN you can open a claim"
It's all the customer's mistake for not looking hard enough.

And the 24hr wait time before a claim can be raised means they're hoping that THEIR drivers' failings (delivered to wrong address, "prescanned", etc) will somehow be sorted out so they don't receive a ticket indicating a problem with their process.

TS
TS
Wolf

Wolf

devastatingly foppish
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
d28.gif

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
Yeah dude, he's flagging all of them early and nobodys noticing it. None of these exceptions get tied to his account, just the early deliveries. You nailed it.

cyclaptor

OT Supporter
Sep 8, 2006
Arlington Texas
I've seen it too. And yes, the package usually gets delivered the next day.
But that doesn't mean this behavior should be accepted.

AND... there is nothing in the Amazon FAQs which mention anything about this, or any statements about how a missing package could be the fault of the driver.
They're all... "have you checked around your door and in the bushes? Could someone else in your house have signed for it? Look around some more. Once 24hrs have passed THEN you can open a claim"
It's all the customer's mistake for not looking hard enough.

And the 24hr wait time before a claim can be raised means they're hoping that THEIR drivers' failings (delivered to wrong address, "prescanned", etc) will somehow be sorted out so they don't receive a ticket indicating a problem with their process.
fucking thing sucks!

Foolish

Jul 3, 2001
Birmingham
I've had it delivered same day when that has happened, delivered at like 2, but didn't show up until 7. But why is it marked as delivered when there clearly wasn't an attempt.

TS
TS
Wolf

Wolf

devastatingly foppish
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
I've had it delivered same day when that has happened, delivered at like 2, but didn't show up until 7. But why is it marked as delivered when there clearly wasn't an attempt.
It was marked as delivered at 7pm last night, so I suspect it was at the end of his shift so he just marked everything left in the truck as "delivered" so his metrics show on-time deliveries.
Then he actually delivers it when he comes in to work the next day.

TS
TS
Wolf

Wolf

devastatingly foppish
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
I should wait by my front door for the Amazon driver and confront him about his deception. :nod:

He's probably laughing at me right now. Laughing!! Because he thinks he put one over on me.
Oh! No sir. You need to know that I'm wise to you. Oh yes!
I've seen through your monkeyshines! Your falsehoods.

I'm no sucker, I won't be taken advantage of!

Sideways

Swallow that, and wash it down with this.
Jul 28, 2001
Westside
Fedex is the fucking worst, but I’m encountering problems with UPS now.

In the last year 20% of my packages were never delivered or gone missing in transit.

Colt_Government

OT Supporter
Jun 18, 2010
wallaby island
This next day delivery and instant gratification culture is ruining us…

Imagine being in 1780s get a letter… ‘mum, I ran out of food, send food urgently.’
Get food 3 months later lol….

Leonard Washington

Aug 15, 2004
Canada post did this to me on Friday.

Package was supposed to be delivered Thursday, didn’t scan out until Friday. Carrier marked it down as “delayed- business closed, 11:29am”

We were open. I saw him deliver to the mailboxes on the wall and not bother to come inside because my package needed a signature. I even checked the security camera with his 11:29 time and he didn’t even try our door

I called CP and they lmaoed at me and told me to fuck off.

• Wow

Colt_Government

OT Supporter
Jun 18, 2010
wallaby island
Canada post did this to me on Friday.

Package was supposed to be delivered Thursday, didn’t scan out until Friday. Carrier marked it down as “delayed- business closed, 11:29am”

We were open. I saw him deliver to the mailboxes on the wall and not bother to come inside because my package needed a signature. I even checked the security camera with his 11:29 time and he didn’t even try our door

I called CP and they lmaoed at me and told me to fuck off.
Guess what, they still have your package, what are you going to do, except to go cry in the corner

Narc

OT Consultant
OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
I should wait by my front door for the Amazon driver and confront him about his deception. :nod:

He's probably laughing at me right now. Laughing!! Because he thinks he put one over on me.
Oh! No sir. You need to know that I'm wise to you. Oh yes!
I've seen through your monkeyshines! Your falsehoods.

I'm no sucker, I won't be taken advantage of!
You should get on your knees and suck him off when he arrives to teach him a lesson

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
I'm tired boss

Delivered January 22​

The fuck it was.

--------------

OK, looks like the delivery status may have been updated too soon.
The good news is it should arrive soon. Give us until end of day Tuesday, Jan 24.

How does "we left it by your front door" equate to "status updated too soon"???
What is the basis for your belief that the package "should arrive soon", when all your tracking says "package has been delivered"?

I have checked the tracking details and I see the carrier pre-scanned the parcel, because of which you received the message as delivered.
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
We certainly did not expect this to happen.

But it happens frequently

Please do not worry.
On checking the details, I see that there is a delay in delivering your order.
The item is with the carrier and it will be delivered to you within 48 hours.
The carrier will deliver the package to you.

Any plans to review/enforce policy so the drivers only scan a package as delivered once they have actually delivered it? Are they trying to improve their metrics or something?

I kindly request you to please wait for 24-48 hours for the delivery.
I am positive that the item will be delivered to you within the next 24-48 hours.
The item is with the carrier and will be delivered to you.

:mad:
lvp4ffrtrvda1.jpg

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004

like most jobs, management doesn't give a shit until their bonuses suffer. your package doesn't mean anything to them. if it happens frequently, then find another place to shop from.

i get it, it is annoying, but the majority of packages are delivered on time which is why nothing is being done about it.

i understand how the driver scanning it early helps their metrics for that day, but you still don't have the package and someone still has to bring it to you. does the driver wait until they are in the area and drop your package of with the other package to keep their metrics 'high' or do they just come back the next day to deliver a package that should have been delivered already. if they don't have any packages in the area (i'm sure they are close enough, though) you'd think GPS could figure out that they were a bit off from where they should have been.

ultimately the problem is that management expects too much from their workers (in general). if they are constantly given work instead of solving the problem, these types of problems will always exist.

i love reading about shitty managers/CEOs/etc that do a crap job and they pay them 10, 20, 30 million to leave. must be nice.

Reactions: Bob Sandvagene

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trendworld